Non-Fiction Writing Categories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Non-Fiction Writing Categories

Sorry, if I am duplicating other posts or threads but when I made a search for "travel writing" (non-fiction), did not find anything.

I am currently doing a Staycation blog series. I am not a travel writer but I want to improve my writing about travel topics. I actually don't like to travel. What I like is to travel to one location and explore that location thoroughly rather than "visit."

So, if anyone else is writing travel articles and you have any tips, would love to hear them.
    author/writer/editor/desktop publisher

Smashwords: Hidden Content
    Barnes & Noble: Hidden Content
    The Write Place:
    Hidden Content
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Twitter: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I thunk there is a nonfiction workshop that you could put it in, with a note in the title that it is a travel blog.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    I thunk there is a nonfiction workshop that you could put it in, with a note in the title that it is a travel blog.
    Thanks H. Brown, I got the impression the nonfiction workshop was more of a critique workshop.

Anyway, I did not find anything in a search for travel writing, so if that does not exist, then I wanted to start in the nonfiction discussion, first.

The Write Place:
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    There is also an open nonfiction forum, but no we don't have anything like you are looking for that I am aware of unless you wanted to start a blog, if that was more what you are looking for.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

I would love to see some of your work posted here. This is a great place to post anything to get some general feed back. I have used this sub forum and the blogs and humor section to post a lot of my stories that were printed in the local paper. I got lots of advice and feed back from the members here on how to improve my writing and story lines. If you check out some of my blogs and posts here you will see I am an unconventional writer as well, when it comes to how the forum was meant to work.

If you feel uncomfortable posting something, I would be glad to give anything you have a second set of eyes to look over...Bob
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Hidden Content ,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

Blog Entries
    Bob, thanks for the offer, but I was actually looking for other travel writers to get an idea of how they approach travel writing. Someday, if I ever choose to "publish" something about travel etc. would be happy to have other eyes look at it. For now, I am just writing for my blog.

The Write Place:
    Hidden Content

As there is no interest in the Technical, Academic, and Corporate Writing
    subforum , we could change it to Travel Writing and move to the workshop. Thoughts?
    I would be interested in sharing ideas on travel writing
    Hidden Content
    My personal space Hidden Content is always open to visitors so please pop across and say 'Hi!'

Blog Entries
    I would be happy with a general workshop nonfiction place tbh Pip.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    I would be happy with a general workshop nonfiction place tbh Pip.
    https://www.writingforums.com/forums...ction-Workshop
    Hidden Content
    My personal space Hidden Content is always open to visitors so please pop across and say 'Hi!'

Blog Entries
    Well derr to me must be tired I moderate that forum as well, Sorry Pip being a bit slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast