Dr. Ford and the Appointment

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Dr. Ford and the Appointment

    Herstory made
    History altered …

    Somersault her narrative
    of sexual assault.

    Mouth was never buried.
    No laughter ever soared.
    No eyes beseech relief.

    Nothing ever happened.
    No need to build those two front doors.

    Nothing ever happened
    except for my belief.

    Today,
    was no walk in the park.

    Women are crawling
    and a man sits on a bench.


    Dedicated to Dr. Blasey Ford. And to all women and men survivors of sexual abuse. Saturday, October 6th 2018
    "Someone told me that I write good. I thanked them and said they had very well taste" S~

    VOTE! November 6th
    .................................................. .................................................. .


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Blog Entries
    12
    Great lines sliver! I feel like i should not give an in depth critique due to the subject matter of the piece.

  3. #3
    Thanks, Crimson. I appreciate that. This mostly comes from the visceral. I can't imagine just how low her heart is sunken this evening.
    "Someone told me that I write good. I thanked them and said they had very well taste" S~

    VOTE! November 6th
    .................................................. .................................................. .


  4. #4
    It is nice that we have a system where facts, not beliefs determine the outcome. It is sad that so many are willing to throw justice out the window because of emotions.

    It is really sad how those who are so willing to jump to the defense of such outrageous accusations, required no proof, no collaboration.

    As someone who has suffered the humility of sexual abuse as a boy I can think of nothing more harmful thing to victims than Ford's saga. Why would anyone believe anyone after studying the facts of this case and how it was used more as a political ploy than a search for the truth.


    Ford, Kavanaugh, and the truth are both the victims of the savage left. You're poem and reflections, represent that very well, thanks for sharing.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

    “Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

    Ken Kesey,

    To encourage and facilitate "me"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post

    Herstory made
    History altered …

    Somersault her narrative
    of sexual assault.

    Mouth was never buried.
    No laughter ever soared.
    No eyes beseech relief.

    Nothing ever happened.
    No need to build those two front doors.

    Nothing ever happened
    except for my belief.

    Today,
    was no walk in the park.

    Women are crawling
    and a man sits on a bench.


    Dedicated to Dr. Blasey Ford. And to all women and men survivors of sexual abuse. Saturday, October 6th 2018
    I like the play with "herstory" and "history"; clever wordplay is usually attractive to me. The "... somersault ... sexual assault..." rhyme works okay too.
    Towards the end I'm wondering if you are hinting at something about a park bench, sometimes regarded as a sleeping area for the destitute, and possibly drawing a parallel with aspects of the system.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    It is nice that we have a system where facts, not beliefs determine the outcome. It is sad that so many are willing to throw justice out the window because of emotions.

    It is really sad how those who are so willing to jump to the defense of such outrageous accusations, required no proof, no collaboration.

    As someone who has suffered the humility of sexual abuse as a boy I can think of nothing more harmful thing to victims than Ford's saga. Why would anyone believe anyone after studying the facts of this case and how it was used more as a political ploy than a search for the truth.


    Ford, Kavanaugh, and the truth are both the victims of the savage left. You're poem and reflections, represent that very well, thanks for sharing.
    Bob, first I want to thank you for sharing that you, too, have been a victim of sexual abuse. So many men fear coming forward because society has done you a great disservice. You hear "Big Boys Don't Cry", "Man Up" and other "dictates". And that's exactly what they are. You have just empowered men who are reading this to be a VOICE in the "Me Too" Movement". You are ever more a Champion speaking up and I thank you, once again.

    Why would anyone believe anyone after studying the facts of this case and how it was used more as a political ploy than a search for the truth.
    For what is called the "American Dream" - Money and Power. More and more, it's become the nightmare.



    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    I like the play with "herstory" and "history"; clever wordplay is usually attractive to me. The "... somersault ... sexual assault..." rhyme works okay too.
    Towards the end I'm wondering if you are hinting at something about a park bench, sometimes regarded as a sleeping area for the destitute, and possibly drawing a parallel with aspects of the system.
    Thank you, Phil. By writing:
    Today,
    was no walk in the park.

    Women are crawling
    and a man sits on a bench.
    This is more wordplay. The Judge's Bench. Referring to Kavanaugh's appointment

    I do like these last two stanzas but feel much of the rest needs work to give this ending more of a POW. Thanks so much for your feedback. RL has been keeping me busy so I haven't written in awhile. Needing the thumbs up.
    "Someone told me that I write good. I thanked them and said they had very well taste" S~

    VOTE! November 6th
    .................................................. .................................................. .


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Bob, first I want to thank you for sharing that you, too, have been a victim of sexual abuse. So many men fear coming forward because society has done you a great disservice. You hear "Big Boys Don't Cry", "Man Up" and other "dictates". And that's exactly what they are. You have just empowered men who are reading this to be a VOICE in the "Me Too" Movement". You are ever more a Champion speaking up and I thank you, once again.

    For what is called the "American Dream" - Money and Power. More and more, it's become the nightmare.





    Thank you, Phil. By writing:


    This is more wordplay. The Judge's Bench. Referring to Kavanaugh's appointment

    I do like these last two stanzas but feel much of the rest needs work to give this ending more of a POW. Thanks so much for your feedback. RL has been keeping me busy so I haven't written in awhile. Needing the thumbs up.
    Oh yes, I realised it was about the judge's bench, but wondered if there was an extra sting to it . You've inspired another idea for me but not sure if it has the legs for a full poem.


  8. #8
    You've inspired another idea for me but not sure if it has the legs for a full poem.
    Great! All you need are four legs to make a table for discussion. So many times, I've been stuck. How do I even begin to write what I want to say? Ready to pull my hair out, I wrote:

    "My blank page stank white". I wrote a poem.

    And if you don't mind, I'd like to take the opportunity here to say VOTE!
    "Someone told me that I write good. I thanked them and said they had very well taste" S~

    VOTE! November 6th
    .................................................. .................................................. .


  9. #9
    SilverMoon - She never had a chance! Many believe the sponsors with the Mid-Term election cash no doubt urged/told the senators to get the confirmation finished quick and at whoever's expense or forget that re-election money in November. Now there's an incentive to contravene justice for ya right here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Enjoyed SM. Namyh

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.