looking for proofreader

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for proofreader

looking for proofreader

i am going to get a beta reader first on face book but I think before I release one of the four books I am done with I may want a proof reader as well. I may have my cousin Sharon do so but I want a backup plan just in case. So is there any services besides fiver that anyone has used that edits on the cheap. I am considering using fiver butttt... I kind of get the feeling that those people are just using the same program I am using a lot of times and thus why am I paying them to begin with.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

on a side note I compared stuff I written three to five years ago to stuff I written now. lets just say world of difference between the two. like night and day. I love practicing don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by kunox View Post
    on a side note I compared stuff I written three to five years ago to stuff I written now. lets just say world of difference between the two. like night and day. I love practicing don't you.
    I take it that you will be seeking a native English speaker for proofreading?
    I say this because looking at your post that I've quoted, the indications are that the required proofreading will be extensive. Extensive can mean expensive.
    You might also need to stipulate whether US or British English is required.

American english... Please.

I'm an american btw. Born here as well. Just pointing that out no offense was taken or meant to be given.

A real proofreader doesn't use a program. You need one of those. Cheap is relative. You need somebody good.
    Try this guy. I don't know his prices but I know people he's worked with. He's a reputable professional and works relatively inexpensively.

ETA: Don't say I sent you.
    Last edited by moderan; October 1st, 2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

k... lol... ty...

maybe I'l start a kick starter for editing. that may raise awareness and my editing fund. What do you guys think.

You want people to pay you so you can pay someone else to edit work that you're going to attempt to sell to make a profit which you alone will pocket . . . and you seriously think people will do that?

Earth calling Kunox. Are you there, Kunox?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

I don't get your complaint.. lots of people put things on kick starter. the have a hole section for books. people do this all the time except they usually give out some kind of perk.n in this case it may end up being my iriffs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover...2564186&page=2

I mean what are these people doing other than what you just described. especially this next one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...&ref=discovery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast