what would you call this.

what would you call this.

a book put out every other month with one story each. with certain types of characters... no more than thirty pages. no less than 25 pages. distributed like a zine.
    I am thinking about doing 3 but I may not have the money.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

Chapbooks. Serials. They don't have to cost a red cent. I put out a chapbook every month or so for my Patreon people, with the short stories posted in that particular month.

Test Patterns -- still available!
    Volume 2 -- Creature Features coming 2018!
    Caravans Awry pre-orders -- coming Hallowe'en 2018
    I cover the Chicago Cubs daily. Read all about it!

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

maybe I'll do a blog for a while and then release several story anthologies. all things considered. so let me get this straight... release a story or per multiverse a month for free and start a patron... then release it as an anthology. genius????
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

Anthologies are by different people. You're talking about releasing 'collections'. It's been done.

Test Patterns -- still available!
    Volume 2 -- Creature Features coming 2018!
    Caravans Awry pre-orders -- coming Hallowe'en 2018
    I cover the Chicago Cubs daily. Read all about it!

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

If you sold them as 99 cent specials, that could work. It'd be the equivalent of a modern dime novel.