You know what I just realized?

You know what I just realized?

I was just looking at some things I wrote several years ago, and it has become evident to me that my linguistic skills may have been better back then. My words were clear, they were easy to understand, and they flowed. Not only that, but I wrote them by revising as I wrote, that is to say, I did not write a rough draft. So I don't know what's wrong with my language skills today, but I know I did fall and hit my head in the hospital about four years ago.

I did fall down to the floor when I was 12-13 years old. I blanked out. My English is manageable if I reread what I write out loud. I was also hit by a baseball ball twice. And I have mental illness. Learn to live with it. That being said I need a diagnosis to know for sure what happened. But anyways, your opening post reads clear to me when reading out loud. That being said if you become conscious of the rules of language you could not be as troubled as I am. Don't worry about it. I did purchase a book for dyslexia which I will pick up this week. People think I have dyslexia which makes it more difficult to write.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Sometimes it’s simply a matter of being out of practice—maybe not in your case, but for some. At times, I’m surprised (and disappointed) to find out how much I’ve forgotten when I pick up my guitar. I don’t play every day like I used to, and now I can tell I’m woefully “out of shape.”
    Publisher of the Durham Skywriter (http://www.durhamskywriter.com), Durham NC's online community paper, and host of TV Skywriter, Sundays 7pm USA Eastern time, on YouTube and Google+'s "patriciaAmurray" page. Currently working on my first nonfiction book, "And Then We Saw an Eye: Caring for a Loved-One with Alzheimer's at Home"

Drugs, improving your writing in the short term at the expense of your writing in the long term.
    I find that my lack of knowledge can sometimes be an asset in that I'm forced to try new things because I don't have any other options.

I would consider that as a case of rotting skill or influence from something else you consciously/unconsciously taken lately.

I experience both when it comes to drawing.

My mom had Alzheimer's. I often feel that I may not be as sharp as I was recently.
    I may have waited too long before I took my writing seriously. Then again, I may just have lost enough of my mind so I can emulate Jack Kerouac or William S. Burroughs.
    But hey, life's a crap shoot. Roll the bones.

"I'm just here for the Szechuan sauce..."

Rick Sanchez