Hi I'm Zaslow, and I'm a (semi-) professional liar...I mean writer...Attn H. Brown

Thread: Hi I'm Zaslow, and I'm a (semi-) professional liar...I mean writer...Attn H. Brown

Hi I'm Zaslow, and I'm a (semi-) professional liar...I mean writer...Attn H. Brown

Attention H. Brown

Hi I'm Zaslow, and I'm a semi- professional liar...I mean writer.
    I write Sci Fi and "tales of the macabre", with a little strange crime tossed in for good measure.
    I got one of my stories published in Galaxy's Edge a couple years ago and have been suffering through a drought of sorts since. So, I'm looking for a critique group that doesn't "force" me to publish , and I'm very willing to give notes on other folks stuff. Is this the right place for me?

Stay well
    Zaslow Crane

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Zaslowcrane1 View Post
    Attention H. Brown

Hi I'm Zaslow, and I'm a semi- professional liar...I mean writer.
    I write Sci Fi and "tales of the macabre", with a little strange crime tossed in for good measure.
    I got one of my stories published in Galaxy's Edge a couple years ago and have been suffering through a drought of sorts since. So, I'm looking for a critique group that doesn't "force" me to publish , and I'm very willing to give notes on other folks stuff. Is this the right place for me?

Stay well
    Zaslow Crane
    Zaslow first let me say well done on having a story published this in itself an achievement. You want a place to offer your writing for critique and you don't wish to 'be forced into feeling you must publish' then I would say have a look at our sci-fi open fiction forum this seems to be the place you are looking for. You can also read other member's work and offer your own critiques. This forum however will not protect your first publicating rights but if that is not a concearn of yours it is the perfect forum. So yes I do think that wf is for you.

Remember it is up to the writer on how far we want to take our work, so even if you recieve a push for publishing then remember you do not have to act upon it.

Ah the dreaded writers block it is a common issue that writers face from time to time, have you found that you have been able to write again recently?

I hope that this helps and if you have any other questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

H.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

There's no law that says you gotta publish.
    The first 200,000 words are just practice anyway.

and sci-fi rules!

Hi again

The drought I was referring to is drought of acceptance. Rejection letters. I collect them!

You said:
    This forum however will not protect your first publicating rights but if that is not a concearn of yours it is the perfect forum.
    What do you mean? Will I be published if I submit stories to the group?

Stay well
    Zaslow Crane

I hit 200,000 words over ten years ago!

...And yes. Sci Fi DOES rule! There is no other forum where one can examine old ideas in a new way, like one can with Sci Fi.

Blog Entries
    ZC: I spent most of my adult life parsing the tales of liars. To say I'm good at calling BS is as understated as saying Kin K has a big bootie.
    So, if you ever wanna hone your skills, and move from semi-pro, find me on the forums.

As far as writing advice, just ask pretty much anyone else here.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Zaslowcrane1 View Post
    Hi again

The drought I was referring to is drought of acceptance. Rejection letters. I collect them!

You said:
    This forum however will not protect your first publicating rights but if that is not a concearn of yours it is the perfect forum.
    What do you mean? Will I be published if I submit stories to the group?

Stay well
    Zaslow Crane
    Hi Zaslow, in regards to the above no you will not be classed as published by posting on the open boards (such as sci fi) however by posting in this forum then your work can be seen via a google search, hence why your first publishing rights won't be protected. For that you would need to share in a workshop forum, that I see you have already found. I hope this helps.

Well atleast you have sent your work to a publishers, I haven't managed that yet. Have you wrote many stories?
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.