. what writing process do u use - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess I should add that I take a long time to finalize a story because in the past when I rushed into a story, I often painted myself into a corner. When you do that with a story that is >100,000 words, it is a real mess to fix, and often the book does not survive the surgery. Hence, I measure ten times and cut once. I've been burned more than once.

The what if question is my way of brainstorming.

There is a book called "what if" by Pamela painter. It makes you think of possibilities that didn't exist. I don't like the book, but I day dream or write by asking the biggest questions I can ask. All it takes is to think outside the box and get a bit of inspiration by trying to put pen to paper or ideas into a computer. There are many ways to get ideas. Reading, can be one. Observation has been mentioned outside this thread. I think this is not a way to write but to get an idea. It is not a writing process. It can be called planning for me. Especially if I fill up pages with questions that could lead to outlining what will happen. But I never answer the question. There are many disagreements to call things by different names. I just wanted to share what I tend to do.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12