Which cover do you like best ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which cover do you like best ?

Hi. I'm self-publishing and I could use some feedback regarding cover ideas. I appreciate the help.
    Edit: Which cover, A, B, or C, would you most likely pick up and read? Which one do you think is best based on only knowing what the cover shows? Sorry for the unclear question.

Edit 2: Providing new links. Didn't know the images couldn't be seen: https://imgur.com/gallery/feSGdYV An administrator, PiP, also included the covers in a reply below. Thanks!

Last edited by kkrazychic; August 9th, 2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: clarification

which of what? Are you comparing designs, or do you mean the material they are made of?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Probably links and edited away -- post-count == 1.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    which of what? Are you comparing designs, or do you mean the material they are made of?
    Sorry for being unclear. Which cover, A, B, or C, would you most likely pick up and read? Which one do you think is best based on only knowing what the cover shows?

thanks

Hi, KK, welcome to WF. The images are not visible.
    Please can you upload again or send to my email carole.admin@writingforums.com
    Last edited by PiP; August 9th, 2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Hidden Content
    My personal space Hidden Content is always open to visitors so please pop across and say 'Hi!'

Version "C" is more typographically interesting, and I'm partial to illustrative solutions over photographic.

Versions A and B are a bit bland to my eye, and therefore forgettable.

I'd probably add a dark band behind the line at the top "FORWARD BY JEAN HOUSTON" as you did in "B", but with a ripped paper look as you did on the bottom of "C".

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Graphic Design. Illustration. Happy Dogs.
    Hidden Content

Things I like about version C:

• Typeface is hand-drawn with a script variation, a combination which is like crack to the eye.
    • The type is set at an angle, which increases visual interest and attraction. The viewer is drawn in to investigate this unusual assortment of text.
    • Colors! I love good use of color. The light blue background and bright green lower section use the same colors (or close to 'em) as in the earth illustration. The addition of a paper texture gives the cover a warm, inviting feel.
    • The torn paper texture is more "human" than the cold straight edge of version B
    • The black shape behind the text is interesting. Though I know it's a representation of the statue from A and B, the customer won't know that, which will intrigue them all the more (MYSTERY!). Use of black here sets off and energizes the title font.
    • The illustration is loose and natural. The black shape bleeds off the right edge, inviting the reader to look inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Graphic Design. Illustration. Happy Dogs.
    Hidden Content

These pictures are not visible on my (old) phone.

Thank you for your detailed response, Sigmadog!

Now I see 'em ! Some nice work in all of them, but I prefer C. I wonder about using a 'blue planet' photo of the earth rather than a map would be my only comment. Sigma suggests a band at the top, I think top and bottom would be 'over the top' (sorry about that).
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast