translation is a big obstacle .

Thread: translation is a big obstacle .

translation is a big obstacle .

I have a scenario . I want to know how appropriate it is for professional standards. I write the script in Arabic and then give it to an interpreter to translate into English. To date, he has been impressed by five producers and production companies. But when the full script was sent, only one product was answered. Li said there are major problems due to translation.
    Can anyone help me look at the scenario and give advice or help? I have a lot of good texts and great ideas but translation is a big obstacle in my way.

That is a toughie, languages often translate to English sounding like Yoda-speak.

But it can be done. You just need a translator who is not fluent in both languages, but also a writer, because they will need the skills to take some literary translations.

Whats it about?
    I love new stories.

It is difficult to translate fiction since the language is not always faithful to the original. Take the king james bible which I recall faintly without looking shakespeare translated with scholars for I am guessing king james. They wanted to get it precise since it was the holy text of many religions with divisions. I suggest you ask yourself by asking a native if it is translated correctly your manuscript. It's tough to translate if you do have a very good grasp of english. It's demanding and is a thing english mayors tend to do if they find a way. Good luck on your journey.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Thank you my dear friend. Can I send you a script? To have a look at the level of translation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    That is a toughie, languages often translate to English sounding like Yoda-speak.

But it can be done. You just need a translator who is not fluent in both languages, but also a writer, because they will need the skills to take some literary translations.

Whats it about?
    I love new stories.

Thank you my dear friend. Can I send you a script? To have a look at the level of translation?

Post it on the forums and people will give you feedback, in the prose workshop. Your rights are protected there. They will tell you if your english is correct. Your rights are protected from search engines. Then erase it. There are many more qualified people than me. I have a reading and writing disability. You need to have over 11 posts to post your translation there. I can try to help you if you do that. I can offer to read it for you if you post on the forum. I can translate legal documents, but not creative works. It's a slow way to check it but post it there, when you have enough posts on the forums. Since you are a new member it means you need to post more, you have 3 posts. Or send me a pm but I don't want to read a 10 page work unless someone needs a lot of help. Sorry, good luck to you.

https://www.writingforums.com/forums...iters-Workshop
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; July 26th, 2018 at 09:05 PM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)