Any Fantasy Book Reccomendations?

Thread: Any Fantasy Book Reccomendations?

Any Fantasy Book Reccomendations?

I would love to find a new book to read, preferably Fantasy. Sadly I'm picky with what I read. A lot of the Fantasy books that I've picked up, I've only gotten about almost halfway through before I put it down for good. Mainly because I'm tired of cliches, books that try too hard, and ones that don't try hard enough. I see a lot of books that have such a robust vocabulary that I feel I am constantly picking up a dictionary every sentence. Or they are just so overly descriptive that I no longer understand what's happening. And lets not get started on the books where the author is overly sarcastic and it feels like they are beating you over the head with witty remarks (comes off as trying too hard imo).

Then again, maybe I just have terrible luck with choosing books. Any good fantasy books (in your opinion), that you would recommend for me?

Here's some books that I loved to give you guys an idea:

Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Reflective by Tamra Rose Blodgett (The premise is good but the dialogue and presentation gives me a headache).

The First Grave on The Right (Series) by Darynda Jones

and The Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton (Though after book 22, it fell off for me).

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
    Twelve Kings in Sharakhai ​by Bradley Beaulieu

I haven't read any of the ones that you mentioned, but I did enjoy the first few books of the Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust. Kind of lost track of them after a while, but Wikipedia says he's up to book 15 of a planned 19 book series.... Also the Garrett, PI books by Glenn Cook. Film noir private investigator series set in a fantasy world, somewhat modeled after Nero Wolfe. For out and out comedy, you can't go wrong with the forty-one Discworld books written by by Terry Pratchett.

I don't know any of the books you posted but I'm a sucker for fantasy so...

The Earthsea Series (Ursula K. Le Guin)
    Wildwood Dancing (Juliet Marillier)
    The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkein)
    Children of Blood and Bone (Tomi Adeyemi)
    Howl's Moving Castle (Diana Wynne Jones)

I know some of these are obvious and some are kid's books but in my opinion kid's fantasy books are some of the best...I don't know exactly what your taste is but I loved all of these books and some of them I read over and over. Happy reading!

My all time favourite fantasy / series is the 'Wheel Of Time' - Robert Jordan. Easy reading, fun and immersive.

Rgds
    Published Works:
    'The Shadow Grounds' - Hidden Content
    'The Eyes of the Devil' - Hidden Content

Currently working: - 'Anomaly' Sci-Fi - save the world type, 'NeverLeave' - horror, and 'A Meeting of Worlds' fantasy.

Robin Hobb - The Tawny Man Trilogy and, by all accounts The Farseer Trilogy (though I have not read the latter set)

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

Blog Entries
    I would second both Robert Jordan's wheel of time and Robin hobb's books from far seer trilogy, through liveships, through Tawny man and into her latest books the Fitz nd The Fool trilogy that ends the whole story.

The name of the wind is another great suggestion along with:

Brent weeks.
    Raymond E Fiest (his work with Janny Wurst introduced me th=o this high level of fantasy.)
    Brendon Sanderson.
    Trudi Canavan is another female author that many like, even if I can't seem to get into her books.
    Based on what you have aready read I think you would enjoy the following:

Fallen series by Lauren Kate (I read these and then went on to Hush hush.)
    Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (don't be put off by the films the books are so much better.)
    Angel series by L A Weatherly.
    Morganville by Rachel Caine. (15 books in series.)
    Demon trappers series by Jana Oliver (now on it's 6th book.)
    Rebecca Mizel is another author I enjoyed.

Another amazing series that has captured my heart on every read through is Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches books, I promise you an amazing story that will capture your mind and heart as you read, and as a little bonus Sky 1 are bringing it to TV at somepoint this year.

I have read hush hush and the anita blake series and enjoyed both of these author's work I hope you fnd some of my suggestions hellpful as I enjoyed reading them all.
    Check out my ebook
    Hidden Content on sale now.
    Hidden Content

Memories at midnight is now out in Hidden Content

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

I know these are graphic novels, but one exceptional series, both in a visual and literary construct: Monstress: Awakening and Monstress: The Blood by Marjorie Lui.