An Author's Life...

Cool An Author's Life...

When I started writing my first book approx. 6 years ago, I had no idea that an author is MUCH MORE than just someone who writes entertaining or informative books. It also means taking on many roles, such as small business owner, public speaker, web designer, social media guru, bookkeeper, marketing expert, etc. This author journey has taken me wayyyy outside my comfort zone, and I'm so thankful for all these opportunities to learn and grow. I'm sure my author friends here can relate to this message.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:
    1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
    2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
    www.engagingcollegestudents.com

True dat!
    Being an Indie means you do it all, and there's a lot to it all.
    Sometimes it wears me down, the continual grind of prepping a new book for market.
    Sometimes the book sells, othertimes it flops.
    But I still get up at 0400 the next morning and write.
    Clearly, writing causes insanity. At minimum it makes you bipolar.

In my short life, I have learned there is no commitment that meets your expectations. It's impossible to go into something fully knowing what to expect, and what you'll feel. It is this renewable sources of discovery that inspires me to seek out a lifestyle of adventure.
    Oh say, what is truth? 'Tis the fairest gem
    That the riches of worlds can produce,
    And priceless the value of truth will be when
    The proud monarch's costliest diadem
    Is counted but dross and refuse.