Self Publishing Advice Needed - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Self Publishing Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingMind View Post
    It seems like you are under the assumption that I am in the same situation as you were with your book. I'm not. The reasons beta readers only read parts of the book are not what you might think. Same with the reasons for lack of beta readers.

I don't have access to the prose section of this website, nor do I want to post any parts of the book online. I am firm about that.

The press release has been proof read by qualified individuals and additional positive feedback has been received.

I understand you are trying to help. However, I’m looking for creative ideas to get the word out about the book. I’ve already taken into consideration the things you’ve mentioned. I’ve weighed the options, and as of now, I’ve decided to go forward with publishing the book.
    Every member has access to the prose workshop. If you're having difficulty finding it, PM me or a mod or a mentor.

As for the rest, all I have to say at this point is good luck with your project.

Blog Entries
    https://www.writingforums.com/forums...iters-Workshop

You will find the prose workshop above. If you do not wish to share your work online (while I understand that decisio) but you want beta readers. We have a beta reading forum that could be helpful to you, here:

https://www.writingforums.com/forums/215-Beta-Reading

Why not have a look at the rules of the forum, but maybe this might be what your looking for. Free Beta readers.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    https://www.writingforums.com/forums...iters-Workshop

You will find the prose workshop above. If you do not wish to share your work online (while I understand that decisio) but you want beta readers. We have a beta reading forum that could be helpful to you, here:

https://www.writingforums.com/forums/215-Beta-Reading

Why not have a look at the rules of the forum, but maybe this might be what your looking for. Free Beta readers.
    Thanks for the info.

The biggest challenge is that you want ideas to promote a book but you won’t disclose the subject matter nor share any details. Marketing doesn’t work like that.

Here’s the deal: I’ll guarantee to give you a solid way to promote your book if you can tell me how to sell the thing that’s on my desk right now.

It seems like I’m taking the piss, but that’s actually what you’re asking from us, marketing ideas for an unknown work.

If you give people a bit of information they might be able to help. If you don’t, they can’t.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a website or blog?

If you do, you may want to add the link to your signature.
    author/writer/desktop publisher

Smashwords: Hidden Content
    Barnes & Noble: Hidden Content
    The Write Place:
    Hidden Content
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Twitter: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Publish your book on Amazon, and see what happens. Write another one while you're waiting for the results.

There are literally thousands of indie authors all pimping their work (myself included), so the only way you're going to make any headway (IMO) is to get your work out there. Buying a book bound by the author is interesting, but not IMO a good way to go; that means that as a buyer you are entrusting credit card data to an individual, and must wait to read your book.

Whereas on Amazon your payment data is secure, and thirty seconds after you click 'buy' the book is available to read. Plus you can read the first 10% for free. Or, if you just have to have a print copy, you get it fast. Myself, I sell a thousand e-books for every print copy I sell, and frankly, the profit margin on e-books is higher.

I would avid too much use of slang, as I have found that a surprising number of readers in non-English-speaking countries buy books in English, and US slang terms can detract from the plot.

There's my two cents worth; I'll e-mail you a bill.

Zombie thread.

I wouldn't waste your time self publishing on Amazon. It's possibly good for getting books printed but selling is a waste of time............unless you learn all about marketing your book.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Zombie thread.

I wouldn't waste your time self publishing on Amazon. It's possibly good for getting books printed but selling is a waste of time............unless you learn all about marketing your book.
    I didn't notice the date!

I've been using Amazon for years, and it's done pretty well for me. YRMV, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I didn't notice the date!

I've been using Amazon for years, and it's done pretty well for me. YRMV, of course.
    What does YRMV mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    What does YRMV mean?
    It's something like "your results may vary" - in other words: for what it's worth, that's the process that worked for the other person and they got such-and-such an outcome; it may or may not be quite that way for you, but still worth a shot.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast