Almost ready to publish but what format? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    How much of all that Bayview?
    ?

So Bayview how did you become an unknown keyboard basher like me to a well known Author with a fan base and multi thousand book sales? Is there a secret which you would rather not share? I perfectly understand if that is the case. Knowledge is money in today's world.
    Honestly, I started writing by working with publishers. I self-publish a little because I feel like I should be keeping my options open, but I make more money for less work by working with publishers. So most of my sales of self-published books come because the readers have read the books I have with publishers.

But I do NOT have an entrepreneurial mindset. I hate promotion with a deep and powerful passion. I just want to write my stories and get paid for them. There are other people who are much better suited to self-publishing than I am, and at least some of them are doing fine!

How much of all that Bayview?

Well I can make professional websites........I know how to market a website and it's products through seo and google adwords............I have a very good idea on how the internet works......I have ideas..........I know human behavior when on the internet and all of this is important......I am determined and every day is a learning day for me.

What I don't know is.......How to be an author..........How to get started as one..........I have wrote and I am writing several fiction stories of between 5000 and 40,000 words. I believe they have several names for stories that length............They are excellent well written stories I am told by those who have read them some not knowing it was me...........They are also written correctly as far as I know so far.

So Bayview how did you become an unknown keyboard basher like me to a well known Author with a fan base and multi thousand book sales? Is there a secret which you would rather not share? I perfectly understand if that is the case. Knowledge is money in today's world.
    The best way to sell a thousand or so books is to write for something with a high demand.

I've always heard that romances are extremely popular (so there's high demand), and Harlequin (for example) publishes many books a month, plus has offers and promotions.

Something to think about.

Bayview how did you get noticed/accepted by these publishers who you work with?

Bayview how did you get noticed/accepted by these publishers who you work with?
    I just submitted a manuscript. They're smaller publishers (in a niche market) so no agent was required. And then later I got an agent for a different genre, and she submits manuscripts on my behalf to larger publishers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123