Adonias Low - Betas required

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adonias Low - Betas required

Adonias Low - Betas required

TITLE - Adonias Low / The Low Man

GENRE - Western / Horror (see other info)

WORD COUNT - 103k

BLURB -

Murder. Robbery. Kidnapping. Incest.

Welcome to Napa Valley, California, 1891

To lawmen and bad men alike, The Low Man is a ghost story. The most feared bounty hunter to ever walk the territories. An Indian shapeshifter, renegade Pinkerton detective, Bible quoting son of a mad preacher. No one knows for sure. Hes a spectre outlaws scare each other with around campfires.

Adonias Lowe lives in the highlands of Napa Valley with his children, scratching a hard living as a farmer and occasional wagon guard. When a wealthy gin baron hires him to see a valuable shipment safely to San Francisco, the opportunity comes just in time to keep Adonias's family afloat.

But when the job turns into a massacre and his daughter is abducted by a deviant killer, Adonias is forced into a mission of mercy and vengeance. A reckoning that will awaken a darkness hes tried to bury.

As the corpses mount up, a dying sheriff tries to make sense of the madness, scalphunters saddle up and ride for blood, fame and riches, and the local Wailaki are coming down from the hills, singing war songs of the Lost White Brother.

Welcome to Napa Valley, California. Where fruit grows thick on the vine and blood runs deep.

AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION - Fans of thrillers and twsited western stories, Joe R Lansdale afficionados, for example.

EXPECTATIONS - Just looking for general feedback about pacing, style, general readability and whether the plot makes sense, particularly if the supernatural elements fit or not.

TIMESCALE - 1 or 2 months

AVAILABLE FORMATS - Word, PDF, mobi

OTHER INFORMATION - This is essentially a western, but there are elements of the supernatural at play, with a bit of a crime writing style going on.
    Last edited by Dave Watson; June 7th, 2018 at 01:15 AM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I can read if you want.
    Last edited by tinacrabapple; June 16th, 2018 at 12:39 AM.

If it's not too late, I'd really like to read this. I have a lot of extra time this summer. Through what format do you want to send the manuscript and receive feedback?
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

I would love to read this and help you if you're still looking for people.

Dave, can you please update us here if you have found beta-readers? if the two people above are indeed reading your novel?
    Thanks

I'd be willing to beta read it, but not on the page. It's hard for me to objectively read stuff the way the forum engine strips off the formatting, y'know?
    It especially bugs me not having indents for the paragraphs...anyhow, could I get like a PDF, ebook, just something that'll have formatting.

PS: I read one writer's stuff, and at the end of his books he has a link for beta readers to sign up. I put a link to review the book there, myself.

Are you still looking for beta readers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I'd be willing to beta read it, but not on the page. It's hard for me to objectively read stuff the way the forum engine strips off the formatting, y'know?
    It especially bugs me not having indents for the paragraphs...anyhow, could I get like a PDF, ebook, just something that'll have formatting.

The idea of this forum is that you ask for a specific format, and exchange details of sending and receiving via PM.

From the Beta Reader readme:

Accepting a Beta Reader Request
    Please ensure you only respond to Beta Reader Requests via the forum section and in the open, unless you are providing personal details to the writer for delivery of the MSS (book) . If you do not wish to pass on personal details, request that the MSS (book) is made available for download.

Hey folks. Yep, all beta readers assembled and feedback received. Sorry, I need to set up my alerts so I know when someone posts on my threads!
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast