"Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 66

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656585960616263646566

Thread: "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Maybe I'm not looking at this right, or the example doesn't really capture it best, but I have always felt that the low numbers of judges was because of not being able to participate fully. My two cents too.
    The "low number of judges" is because we only accept a max of 4. Honestly, I can state hand on heart that I don't feel there is a lack of judging participation - I think I have struggled once and that was when I started. Having judges' entries be scored is simply a 'nice-to-have', rather than an additional incentive to get any numbers up.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Prompt suggestions:

Burn it to the Ground
    Cul-De-Sac
    The Devil is a Poser
    Mindbreaker
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.