"Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 47

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    The scores? Got the lot and will post today. Many many apologies everyone - lots going on atm...
    Told you.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

With me serving 12 years in the navy, 'At Sea' will likely be something personal. So many memories, so many potential stories. USS Clark (FFG-11), USS Estocin (FFG-15) and all of the sailors I met in my time.

Blog Entries

Breaking News! Breaking News!

At sea, at sea. Mare Tranquillitatis; Tranquility Base, lost on a metaphoric ocean. Scientists report that the surface of Neptune is presided over by six-hundred kilometer high waves of liquid neon. Love psychologists propose that fully a third of all relationships are forged on doomed Mediterranean or Nordic cruises.

Get cracking though - the levels are dropping. Experts suggest that a giant marine plughole has opened up somewhere near Challenger Deeps and is chucking trillions of gallons of water onto the magma layer by the second. Earth-as-ruined-husk stage expected somewhere around midnight on the 16th. What can save us? Who can save us?

More Breaking News!

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

I'll volunteer to judge the next LM as I have now entered three in a row and time to give back
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

75 minutes to go and 49 words left to cut. It feels like I'm killing my babies. Thank God this isn't Alabama or I would face a lifetime in jail as I screamed, "my words are my babies my words are my babies"
    Last edited by godofwine; May 22nd, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

17 words to cut and 59 minutes to go. Almost home

Done. Ready to post as soon as Firefox pops up. 650 are hell. Don't usually surpass the limit, I was just over 1000 words before I started cutting

I made it on time. That was a close one.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    I made it on time. That was a close one.
    It was. Very close. I missed a movie premier to finish my story and have it in on time. Okay, it was a free ticket to see Booksmart, but still I had a ticket

Can I just say how much I am enjoying reading everyone's stories? There are some SERIOUSLY talented writers here.