"Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 37

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637

Thread: "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop

I suggest:

Removed after considering the recent contest rules.

And:

Is there a way I can delete my posts?

Why not? Already have an idea for the latter...

Ibb - oh yes, this is familiar to me. I think you have to contact someone in admin to have it deleted. Once you post, you can change the content, as you must have done, but deleting it out of our hands. LOL.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    No, I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Suggestions:

“We were about to give up and call it a night when somebody threw the girl off the bridge.”
    John D. MacDonald, Darker Than Amber

“Just calm down and think, sir. Think. Where is your wife?”
    Stefania Mattana, Into the Killer Sphere

(I don't know about this one )
    “He knew at once it was a human bone, when he took it from the baby who was sitting on the floor chewing it.”
    Arnaldur Indridason, Silence of the Grave

When the night has come
    And the land is dark

The deadline is: 23:59 GMT (18:59 EST) on February 14th
    I'm confused, or am I missing something. Was the deadline extended for the Grand Challenge? Good to see so many entries, but I thought the deadline was two days ago.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    I'm confused, or am I missing something. Was the deadline extended for the Grand Challenge? Good to see so many entries, but I thought the deadline was two days ago.
    Typically the challenge deadline means the entries must be turned into the host by that time, then sometimes the host needs a day or so to format and post.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Yes, there's a 2 day editing buffer, so the late entries have only just appeared.

All entries are in now. If you've sent me an entry and I haven't posted it, please let me know via PM; likewise, please inform me if you wanted your entry in the secure forum and I've placed it in the the public one.

HJC
    My novels Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Hidden Content Hidden Content

You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by epimetheus View Post

And:

Is there a way I can delete my posts?
    Seconded! And, to throw my hat in with the Grand Fiction woes--yeah. It's my own fault, but I was completely off on both LM's deadlines this month. I wanted to enter a piece into each one, so when I realized my error I had about an hour left before the deadline. Definitely wasn't able to stick the landing that I wanted in either piece. But I'm glad to have at least submitted something. And I like the foundations enough that I'm going to tinker with them in my own time and add their touched-up versions to my own personal collection of "LOOK AT THE STUFF I MADE!"

...And, with that, I also suggest: Look At the Stuff I Made!

Good luck to all entrants for both contests.

Oh, and PS: Godofwine, you're fantastic. Drop an EP or something, my dude. You have a wonderful voice.

second: Look at the stuff I made!

suggest:
    On Tuesdays I visit Mother