"Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 32

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22242526272829303132
Results 311 to 318 of 318
  1. #311
    Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beautiful Wiltshire, England
    Posts
    102
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it anywhere as I've been off the site, busy with the kids on Christmas hol's, but just had to mention that I'm loving the LM banner this month! Well done to whoever did it. I'm sure it will lure a few people over to have a look. Very cool.

    Arachne

  2. #312
    Forum Moderator velo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Probably on a boat in Puget Sound
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it anywhere as I've been off the site, busy with the kids on Christmas hol's, but just had to mention that I'm loving the LM banner this month! Well done to whoever did it. I'm sure it will lure a few people over to have a look. Very cool.

    Arachne
    I have to admit I rarely notice the banner. I've trained myself over the last couple decades to block out anything that looks like an ad that that got through my ad blockers. (I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally hate adverts)

    So yes, thanks for calling this out. It's quite well done.
    Pull no punches. If you are critiquing my work, please don't worry about hurting my feelings. As long as your comments are your legitimate views they are welcome. We learn best from our failures.

    Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

  3. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally hate adverts
    Me too, and I've been in the design/advertising industry for over thirty-five years.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Graphic Design. Illustration. Happy Dogs.
    Hidden Content

  4. #314
    Wɾʇ∩9 bdcharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    In a far-distant otherworld.
    Posts
    2,602
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it anywhere as I've been off the site, busy with the kids on Christmas hol's, but just had to mention that I'm loving the LM banner this month! Well done to whoever did it. I'm sure it will lure a few people over to have a look. Very cool.

    Arachne
    Yep, seconded - it's very good.


    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge


    Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

    *

    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

    *

    C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!





  5. #315
    Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beautiful Wiltshire, England
    Posts
    102
    Can anyone tell me how to post a link to the secure thread from the usual comp thread please?

    Arachne

  6. #316
    Wɾʇ∩9 bdcharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    In a far-distant otherworld.
    Posts
    2,602
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to post a link to the secure thread from the usual comp thread please?

    Arachne
    First, enter your story in the secure site and submit it.

    Then, when your story comes up, scroll to it, and find its post ID. That's something like #315 toward the top right of the post

    Click that. That will take you direct to your entry.

    Copy the address from address bar of your browser

    Navigate to the non-secure comp page. Create another reply in the thread. This time simply enter the title and wrod count of your entry, highlight it, select the icon above with the world and the chain link.

    Paste your copied link into the text field

    Click OK

    Click Submit

    Done


    ---

    Hope this helps - lemme know if not.


    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge


    Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

    *

    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

    *

    C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!





  7. #317
    Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beautiful Wiltshire, England
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    First, enter your story in the secure site and submit it.

    Then, when your story comes up, scroll to it, and find its post ID. That's something like #315 toward the top right of the post

    Click that. That will take you direct to your entry.

    Copy the address from address bar of your browser

    Navigate to the non-secure comp page. Create another reply in the thread. This time simply enter the title and wrod count of your entry, highlight it, select the icon above with the world and the chain link.

    Paste your copied link into the text field

    Click OK

    Click Submit

    Done


    ---

    Hope this helps - lemme know if not.
    OK, done I think. Thanks bd

  8. #318
    Annual Grand Fiction Prize returns to the WF

    February will see the fifth running of the WF's premier fiction contest.

    This contest is open to all those who excelled in 2018, either through being the winner/runner-up one of our monthly fiction challenges, or for having judged at least five of them, including at least one in the past 12 months.

    Twenty-nine of our website's finest will have the opportunity to write a 1,000 word story and win up to $100.

    Past Winners
    2015 - Terry D, "Quid Pro Quo"
    2016 - inkwellmachine, "Like Snuffing Out a Candle"
    2017 - joshybo, "Looking Back"
    2018 - jenthepen, "Double"

    I'm planning to announce the theme and send the invites on Thursday Jan 16th, after submissions for the January LM have closed. I'll open a new thread with the rules when that happens.
    My novels Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.