Fantasy writer here - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, H. Brown

I just got my tenth post in, so I guess now I'm free to start sharing. I have to, you know. Baby insists

I'll have something up soon. Right after I eat my cheeseburger and fries

That Timex Sinclair 1000 was a BEAST! My Sylvania TV was my monitor. The keyboard plugged into the back of the TV via an Atari game switch. And my hard drive was a cassette player I remember it taking forever just to find the little programs I'd written. Fast forward! NO! Rewind!! I hated it with all my heart
    Lol! I guess so! I can't imagine any of that! Glad I got mine later on when it was a little easier to deal with! I worked with floppies then both flavors. Forgot to save a chapter once, and my kids accidentally deleted the whole thing. My office set up was such that as they ran round the downstairs rooms, their flailing arms hit the power button and shut off the computer. So after whining and grumping a bit, I rearranged the room so they could run through without danger of crashing my computer.

I was the type of mother who believed kids had a right to fun I wanted to have as a kid. Somehow, I actually managed to work while all this mayhem went on around me! Boys are grown now - no more worries that way!

I now work with an Asus gaming laptop because it came with the 16 ram, 1T hard drive, i7 processor. All the other laptops had half all that, although they did have an i7 processor - got this through Rent a Center . . . Only thing I wish for is a bigger monitor. But I have it hooked up to a 29" Samsung TV, so I'm happy - until I have to use it elsewhere and can't take the monitor! The resolution of the TV is sooo much better than the laptop's monitor!
    Writing is 3% talent and 97% not getting distracted by the Internet Ė Anonymous

Http://www.DreamwyndPublishing.com
    http://NovelsByNeenah.com

http://AnitaMShaw.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Hello, Forum:

I started programming computers in '83, bringing applications to life through my code. Around 2003, I began writing a novel, bringing characters to life through my words. The first thing I realized, though, was I didn't have the necessary skill set for this to ever bear fruit. So I studied and I studied and I studied more, every book under the sun on writing. I've learned a thing or two over the years and have written enough words to chain them end-to-end and reach the outer confines of the universe. But I've never shared a single story, except with my girlfriend. So she rolls her eyes at me for that and makes me feel like hiding some place safe

I look forward to meeting all of you...and sharing a story or two. This will please Baby to no end!
    Hi and welcome (better late than never, eh ) Always good to see a fantasy writer here. If you like, why not give our monthly Literary Maneuvers competition a go.

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Hello Slyde,
    Iím a computer infant.... donít know much about tech
    or that strange language you all were speaking but,
    Welcome is a universal word and it seems youíve already
    made friends.... glad youíre here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12