Amazon reviews - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon reviews

Occasionally, I've had a few Amazon reviews deleted from each one of my books and they seem to occur randomly. As far as I can tell, I don't personally know or have a social media connection with the ones that were deleted, but I could be wrong about that. As an indie author, it feels frustrating to work so hard to get reviews and then have them mysteriously deleted without warning or explanation from time to time.

Another thing that puzzles me is how Amazon calculates my average rating. I've had a handful of 5-star ratings this year (mostly verified or VINE reviews) and it didn't change my average rating at all. That seems odd to me. A true average would be more accurate in my opinion... even if it is a true avg. of verified reviews only.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

It's better than my friend's book that he self published, witch has 0 reviews.

The two novellas he wrote or OK. But no reviews no nothing.

How have people been able to get reviews in the first pace? Does it many happen by luck?

Cavex,
    Definitely NOT by luck! My first book has been out 2 years and I have about 40 reviews, and my 2nd book is now about 1.5 years old and it has about 25 reviews. I've found success in a few ways....

Giving away LOTS of books and asking people to consider leaving an honest review after they read it (but it is NOT a quid pro quo as that is against Amazon rules). I gave away over 100 books when I launched my first book and about 25% of them left a review over the next 3 months (I had to remind some of them a few times, but tried not to be a pest).

Another thing you can do is put a page in the book's back matter (right after the conclusion chapter) and ask for a review. I'm just now starting to add that page to my books, starting with my new book to be launched in a few days (Dec. 1st).

Another thing that works is paying for a service like Bookbub, which will tell their email subscribers about your eBook if it is discounted (at least temporarily). You are really just paying for access to their large email list, but it is common to get lots of sales and some reviews too. Other companies offer this service, including SPR (which I've used for one of my books and it works, but is not cheap).

There are other ideas out there, but these are just a few basic ones. Good luck!
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    Cavex,
    Definitely NOT by luck! My first book has been out 2 years and I have about 40 reviews, and my 2nd book is now about 1.5 years old and it has about 25 reviews. I've found success in a few ways....

Giving away LOTS of books and asking people to consider leaving an honest review after they read it (but it is NOT a quid pro quo as that is against Amazon rules). I gave away over 100 books when I launched my first book and about 25% of them left a review over the next 3 months (I had to remind some of them a few times, but tried not to be a pest).

Another thing you can do is put a page in the book's back matter (right after the conclusion chapter) and ask for a review. I'm just now starting to add that page to my books, starting with my new book to be launched in a few days (Dec. 1st).

Another thing that works is paying for a service like Bookbub, which will tell their email subscribers about your eBook if it is discounted (at least temporarily). You are really just paying for access to their large email list, but it is common to get lots of sales and some reviews too. Other companies offer this service, including SPR (which I've used for one of my books and it works, but is not cheap).

There are other ideas out there, but these are just a few basic ones. Good luck!
    Thanks and find that very useful.

Somehow posted that twice. So editing this post.

Blog Entries
    I'm aghast at the condition that one must have spent $50 per year minimum, register and have an active credit or debut card, for anyone to remove a book. I have no problems reviewing anyone, since I apparently qualify. But I've had countless review sources tell me they were denied by Amazon for reviewing any books. This is devastating. Amazon wants to financially lock you into their company and products by requiring an outlay. I have zero reviews for my recently released romantic suspense. This has never happened to me before. I'm sunk.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12