Vocab word of the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Word usage:
    Someone chingered up those screwheads so they gotta be drilled.
    I tried to use the keypad but vandals had chingered it all up.
    Careful or you'll chinger it all up.

I grew up on the southside of San Antonio. We heard a few forms of that word quite often.
    Mostly it was followed by -ate instead of -ered.
    If you look at my profile, say "Hi!" But not in a creepy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Underd0g View Post
    I grew up on the southside of San Antonio. We heard a few forms of that word quite often.
    Mostly it was followed by -ate instead of -ered.

I worked with a couple of guys, Caudillo and Pinchardo, and one night in booking it was slow, and they passed the entire shift talking about all the alternate forms of that word. I had no idea there were so many.
    But it is a handy way to curse without offending everyone in the room.

I love learning new words
    especially one with such diversity

This is my new favorite word. Thank you.
    I wrote some things, once...

"Fool Me Once" in Hogglepot
    "The Sommelier" in Every Day Fiction
    "The Degenerate" in Black Denim Lit

i still prefer Defenestration the act of throwing someone out of a window

never heard or read that....that is so cool
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I was in a bank the other day and the receptionist was telling the repair guy that some piece of equipment was 'all chigered up.'
    Sounded so nice and polite.

It's funny how you can throw a Latin name on something and make it sound all fancy. Nearby there is a street called Camino de la Tierra (you have to roll the double Rs when you say it). Sounds fancy, don't it? Camino de la Tierra means Dirt Road. Crazier yet, it's paved. I guess no one told the city what Camino de la Tierra meant.

How about this: Ratoncito Blanco (you gotta roll that leading R, and say it like Ricardo Montalban.) It means white mouse.

Other funny street names:
    Camino Sin Vaca (Street with no cows.)
    Camino Sin Nombre (Street with no name...it was named by Simon & Gutierrez)

Or: Picacho Peak. Picacho means peak, so it is essentially Peak Peak when you translate it.

Or how about this brain teaser for people who speak both English & Spanish. "Lechuga ir."
    In Spanish it is nonsensical.
    But translated to English it means: Lettuce Go.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    never heard or read that....that is so cool
    it is in particular appropriate when dealing with those who own or occupy high offices. I don't mean politicos necessarily, no...but with actual elevation- the higher the better. Imagine all those wall streeter/ Goldman Sachs types who looted the country splattering the pavement with showers of glass- rather like ice and tomatoes - large tomatoes, don't you think? And you throw them through the glass (not open the window, first). Now that's a word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast