My NaPoWriMo Experience....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My NaPoWriMo Experience....

My NaPoWriMo Experience....

I learned a Lot from this year's NaPo experience... I learned about myself... and about my fellow poets... I learned that I CAN write, even when I feel uninspired, and that the ACT of writing while uninspired is actually inspirational I learned to set aside time to be creative... and I learned to use that time wisely... lol... I learned that it is ok to have fun writing, it is ok to write for the pleasure of using words and phrases that I love... I learned that my fellow poets are true word warriors and true craftsmen... I feel like some of the poets let their guard down a little, and let it rip! I had fun, I was frustrated, I was overwhelmed, and I learned that a bag of Doritos does not solve every problem... but Doritos can ease the pain...

What did you gain from your experience? I would love to know....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Fire, excellent post!

I nearly gave up at #14. I felt uninspired and the thought of writing another 16 poems was....just... overwhelming. Anyways, by the time the front runners were at #24 I changed my mind and then spent every spare moment writing poetry to catch up. I even wrote a poem in my head about language discrimination when I was frozen out of a conversation when everyone was speaking French. I then sneaked away and scribbled the ideas in my notebook. What did I gain from the experience? There is no such word as 'can't' and writer's block is just an excuse.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I surprised myself during NaPoWriMo, I learned that I can indeed write poetry that doesn't always suck, I gained the confidence to try and experiment with my poetry, I learned I apparently can write in metre, without really understanding what metre is...I learned that we have a wide selection of poetry members. I had fun, I pushed myself and most of all I survived and conquered. This has improved my confidence tenfold, thanks to everyone who has left me a like, lol or/and comment, durring this month.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Yes, PiP... I read your poem, and I loved it... Inspiration is all around us, we just have to be brave enough to use it... and creative enough to see it...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    I surprised myself during NaPoWriMo, I learned that I can indeed write poetry that doesn't always suck, I gained the confidence to try and experiment with my poetry, I learned I apparently can write in metre, without really understanding what metre is...I learned that we have a wide selection of poetry members. I had fun, I pushed myself and most of all I survived and conquered. This has improved my confidence tenfold, thanks to everyone who has left me a like, lol or/and comment, durring this month.

Fabulous! Confidence is as vital as knowing how to spell...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Inspiration is all around us, we just have to be brave enough to use it... and creative enough to see it...
    This has to be a quotable quote!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I struggled badly with it this year. It didn't help that I was doing extra work from 5 am to 7am - a time when I often write - and the fatigue overwhelmed me often. I gave notice on that job and my last day was the 30th April.

At one point I settled for doing 15, but found a second wind from somewhere. Also, it was quite painful putting a few snapshots of my childhood out there, and those were only a taster. It may not have been apparent from the wording, but writing about them pulled me through places that I pushed down long ago.

Over all it was fun though, but I didn't have enough left to be cheerleader for other participants. I felt a bit bad about that for a while but sometimes that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Also, it was quite painful putting a few snapshots of my childhood out there, and those were only a taster. It may not have been apparent from the wording, but writing about them pulled me through places that I pushed down long ago.
    It's never ceases to amaze me how writing can do this.

Over all it was fun though, but I didn't have enough left to be cheerleader for other participants. I felt a bit bad about that for a while but sometimes that's just how it is.
    I felt the same, Phil. I also wish I'd had the time to actually participate as a cheerleader as well. Thank you to those of you who did! When I received a comment, 'like' or 'LoL' it was a great motivator.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Phil, I often write about my own past. I hate it and at the same time it helps me put things into place and perspective

Fire, great thread (and yes, you can write!)

I feared participating at first, I was stressed, could I complete this or not? So much always works against me, I am my own worst enemy.

But I must say I enjoyed this month, I got to know our poets so much better, read a lot, laughed and cried... Really did.

And strange but true, it made me less afraid to post my poems on the boards (yes I admit I am a weird one) LOL

I apologize for being so cranky and irritable last month, looking back it wasn't the poetry that bothered me but the cheerleading. So many posts of "good job" "wow" and such made me think of cheerleaders on the sidelines waving pom-poms jumping up and down and it turned me off. It just...did. To me it sounded fake, hollow. Anyway the poems, for the most part were good for first drafts, and I realized I was looking at the negative instead of the positive. Have a habit of that, unfortunately.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast