My NaPoWriMo Experience.... - Page 3


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: My NaPoWriMo Experience....

  1. #21
    I'm unsure if I should be pleading guilty to this. I did post a couple of hastily-assembled pieces, and it looks like I stuck them in the workshop. On reflection, that probably wasn't the best place for them, but I think the Tavern Poetry folder was made defunct. I found the gymkhana (Jim Carner) soundalike tricky to resist.
    Ho-hum. The person who never made a mistake never made anything else either.


  2. #22
    To pip and those who jumped on:

    My point exactly. There is a place to workshop poems.

    It doesn’t need to be in the poem a day thread. And, rules can be changed. And, pip, I am just as entitled, especially as an active poetry participant, to express my opinion without such personal venom being hurled at me.

  3. #23
    My experience of NaPo - lots of sleepless nights when my head wouldn't shut down and kept throwing up disconnected 'poetic phrases' and once (glorious night!) when a whole poem arrived inside my head intact. I took to keeping a notebook in the bathroom and hopping out of bed to write down each 'poetic gem' as they popped up. Quite a few turned out to be total nonsense in the light of day but I did harvest a few fairly decent poems out of all the hours of wakefulness. On the down side, hubby is now convinced that I have a bladder problem.

  4. #24
    The Fox Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Indefinite Hiatus
    Posts
    1,023
    Blog Entries
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    I'm unsure if I should be pleading guilty to this. I did post a couple of hastily-assembled pieces, and it looks like I stuck them in the workshop.
    Are you #[email protected]&%*! serious? How could you do such a thing? I'm sure as Hell never commenting on your work again.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

    EDIT: Good job to all the poets who did this thing.
    Hidden Content

    "Eliminate." - Akame

    Hidden Content

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    My experience of NaPo - lots of sleepless nights when my head wouldn't shut down and kept throwing up disconnected 'poetic phrases' and once (glorious night!) when a whole poem arrived inside my head intact. I took to keeping a notebook in the bathroom and hopping out of bed to write down each 'poetic gem' as they popped up. Quite a few turned out to be total nonsense in the light of day but I did harvest a few fairly decent poems out of all the hours of wakefulness. On the down side, hubby is now convinced that I have a bladder problem.
    Laughing... yes, I also kept a notebook in the bathroom. One night I was up for nearly two hours scribbling away! In fact, I carried my notebook everywhere and wrote at every opportunity. And I mean, every opportunity...
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content






  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Laughing... yes, I also kept a notebook in the bathroom. One night I was up for nearly two hours scribbling away! In fact, I carried my notebook everywhere and wrote at every opportunity. And I mean, every opportunity...
    Ooh, your hubby must have even stranger beliefs about you!

  7. #27
    Oh boy, I am guilty of popping out of bed to write at all hours, too! I used my samsung notepad, but still, it was that or risk losing a thought or line come morning! So glad to share this quirk with such illustrious company.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

  8. #28
    I learned that fear of success can be as daunting as that of failure. Failures allow for improvement, success mandates consistency, or so I thought.
    Experimentation is the mind soaring on ones dreams. My opinion of my writing was a negative on my writing. Reading others poems was as enjoyable as it was educational. Perfection isn’t in the eye of the creator, but in the lives that creation touches.
    I’m sorry that I didn’t get to all those who participated and I’m extremely grateful for the comments many were kind enough to give. I’ll be posting several of my poems for critique.
    On lunch one day my boss sonme writing and asked, I mentioned about an idea for a poem that you inspred me to write.
    ”I did?”
    Yup, all those SPaG issuesnyou found in my three month reviews.”
    I’ve learned and I’m better because knowledge is something they can’t take away from you.
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

    "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

    What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

    "They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

    "The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

    "To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush



  9. #29
    I didn't comment as much as so many others did, either. Some of you are just amazing in that you had time to write, leave lots of comment, and get on with life. My hat is off to you all! You made it look so damn easy!
    I feel privileged to have participated with such a great group, as you all are.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

  10. #30
    All of you who left a reply here, thank you very much. I had beforehand never thought I'd enjoy myself as much as I did. Next year again, deal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.