Midnight Hour (horror, dark sci-fi etc.) Vol 1 & 2 Deadline - May 1st

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Midnight Hour (horror, dark sci-fi etc.) Vol 1 & 2 Deadline - May 1st

Midnight Hour (horror, dark sci-fi etc.) Vol 1 & 2 Deadline - May 1st

Do you write horror, dark sci-fi, dark speculative fiction, neo-noire, or cyberpunk themes? This may be of interest.

Our flagship anthology is now open for submissions. These books will be available on kindle, hardcover, paperback, and audiobook format. The title page of each story will be illustrated. We are looking for horror, dark sci-fi, dark speculative fiction, neo-noire, and cyberpunk themes. Please read the general submissions for more details.

Word Count​​: 1500-8000 words. This is not a hard word count. If you think you have a story that fits what we're looking for, but is a little long or a little short, send it our way.
    Payment: We are offering 2 cents per word up to 8K words. You are free to send us longer stories, but we cap payments at $160 per story for this project.
    Rights: We are not asking for ownership of your story. Just the right to print it.
    Reprints: Yes, we accept reprints. Beggars can't be choosers and we understand we're a fledgling brand. If your work appears elsewhere, please make sure you double check with the other publication to make sure your story is eligible to print.
    Multiple Submissions​​: Yes.
    Deadline​​: May 1st

For more information and submissions
    http://www.midnighthourmedia.com/submissions
    R
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Darn, I have a piece I'd just have to edit. But chances I'll have time to do it by May first.. slim at best.
    I find that my lack of knowledge can sometimes be an asset in that I'm forced to try new things because I don't have any other options.

Subbed a self-published short story I have gathering dust on the digital shelf on Amazon. I like places that'll take reprints!
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Good luck, Dave. Please don't forget to let us know if you are successful. If this genre is popular I will keep my eyes peeled for more,
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

I posted the piece I'm considering submitting here, which I've never had anyone take a look at before (it's a short excerpt from a larger work, that I think works as a stand alone piece). Wouldn't mind feedback (including, "don't bother submitting") if people have the time.
    I find that my lack of knowledge can sometimes be an asset in that I'm forced to try new things because I don't have any other options.

Damn! I didn't see this in time.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content