Hello, all!

Thread: Hello, all!

Hello, all!

Hello everyone! My name's Libbi.

I'm 27 and recently (like, 90 minutes ago) picked up writing again. It's been since high school since I wrote something that was for me and not for an assignment. That being said, I would love to hear the thoughts and suggestions from like minded people!

I'm happy to have found a place where I can not just create, but share in the joy of other people creating as well.

Welcome to this site, and of course, Happy Birthday!

Hi Libbi. Yes, that's what it's about, listening to other people's thoughts and putting your own inside their minds, creating your world inside their worlds and discovering how they interact. For now pitch in and post your thoughts on the work you see in the forum threads already here and then when you've notched up ten posts you'll become a full member and be able to post your own efforts for our comment as well as getting access to even more forums only for full members. It looks like it's poetry season around here at present but there is prose to be read as well and we are always pleased to have comments on it. The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence, so welcome to our chatter.

I am the mentor who specifically deals with beta reading, but there are a whole bunch of us mentors willing to help if you have any questions or problems. I believe that skill in writing starts with skill in reading because the writer is inevitably the first reader of their own work. We have far more experience in reading than writing, so that is an activity where we can all make a contribution here immediately. We look forward to your contribution.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Hi lpaschall I am a new member too and just have started writing again like you did! I feel like there is nothing as good as the feeling when you start writing again after a very long time.