three down??? a bigillion more to do.

three down??? a bigillion more to do.

I think I have finished three books. they just need editing. that and they end on cliffhangers. I was wondering though. how I might get a final edit or where might I post a request for an edit. doesn't have to be here I just don't got a lot right now to have them edited. any suggestions would help....{side note one book is dnd related. so the person editing that one is power balancing.}
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

You have three choices. The first is to hire a freelance editor. That might not come cheap but if (and it's a big IF) you hire wisely they will do a lot of the work for you. That said, the costs will spiral out of control if the MSS is not in a good state at the start, meaning you will need to carry out the expected editing passes yourself. I have organised my editing into around a dozen passes for different things before it even gets to be seen by a second set of eyes. If there is a lot of rewriting to be done, either the cost will increase of the editor will walk away.

The second is to find an editor who needs skills you possess. Many people will share their skills in order to complete projects. I don't know what your expertise is, but look for editors who require the kind of assistance you can provide.

The third is to do it yourself or with friends and family. This is the highest risk option and the one that requires most work, but it's the cheapest. Only take this option if you are confident in your ability to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kunox View Post
    I think I have finished three books. they just need editing. that and they end on cliffhangers. I was wondering though. how I might get a final edit or where might I post a request for an edit. doesn't have to be here I just don't got a lot right now to have them edited. any suggestions would help....{side note one book is dnd related. so the person editing that one is power balancing.}
    Hire an editor before publishing.

Before you do that, try getting an honest paid critique from someone not interested in sparing your feelings. Not suggesting you hire an asshole, but friends and family aren't going to give you the straight dope, and that's what you want.
    Where you can purchase a copy of Fallen Sun, my second novel. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4U2YFU