FME research thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FME research thread.

I think catcher in the rye even has a character similar to what you planned in that he personifies death (look it up in cliff notes) but as symbolism, since that is literary fiction. I don't recall his name but you can find it in cliff notes on the 2nd to 3rd page. The best genre for this seems mythology with maybe science fiction or fantasy. I think the story a while back written here, can give you ideas.

Even some characters in catcher in the rye are in fear of dying because of things they do. Death is a key theme in that story.

If you make this into a fantasy story you could always include a magic system. But to be a death god is too strong. He's got to remain human. Or maybe like in the great book of amber you can try a family that created the person, or this character's family's magic powers. Keep brainstorming ideas, and you could get somewhere with this. Good luck with this, and you can always ask anyone here for any thought or input whether it could work.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I know this may sound strange but the magic system in this book is based of evolutionary traits in their origins. I need to work off balancing what has evolved and what can be taught. It's very interesting... I was working on the ninth chapter last month,.

p.s. I'm nine or ten chapter in on 3 to 5 books.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

By evolutionary traits, that sounds cool, even though I am not 100% sure, if you mean by that human genes. Genes are a big part of evolution. I'm thinking it is a good way to world build. Not to mention if you haven't seen death note which is an anime, you can try reading some criticisms on it, and other books in your area of fiction which is probably a narrow sub-genre. But that could help you capitalize on some ideas.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Will do... Catcher in the wri and death note criticism /notes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12