Harper J. Cole - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harper J. Cole

Hey, instead of focusing on something some jerk said, why aren't you guys out there reviewing Harper's new book?

5 stars and a very nice review. There ya go.
    BTW Harper: the writing is very good. Keep marketing that book.

Quote HJC:
    Don't try to write the best book ever. I remember once deciding to craft a ten thousand page fantasy novel that would surpass Tolkien, and the result was five drab chapters weighed down by their futile striving to be EPIC.

Just take an idea that interests you and work from that. Be aware that new ideas will come to you as you write, so don't be worried if it seems like your story will be too short. When you've finished, there's every chance that you'll have something unique and interesting.

Fantastic advice, Harper.

It's good to get to know more about you and I'll be checking out the book very soon.

Just starting out on the adventure of poetry? Why not join us on
    Poetry Hill where you will receive one-to-one advice and suggestions for ways to work with your poem.

My Poems

Quote Originally Posted by Harper J. Cole View Post
    Same here.
    That actually made me LOL

"Darren White's a poet of our time
    Wrote about injustice and crime
    To great acclaim
    He laid the blame
    What a shame he couldn't think of a word that sounded the same."

- Ned (during NaPoWriMo)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Hey, instead of focusing on something some jerk said, why aren't you guys out there reviewing Harper's new book?

5 stars and a very nice review. There ya go.
    BTW Harper: the writing is very good. Keep marketing that book.
    Thanks! I'll also be checking out one of your novels soon. I haven't read anything in the post-apocalyptic genre for quite a while.

HJC
    My debut novel Subcutis is now available from Amazon ...

You can find me on Twitter: @HarperJCole

Glad I caught this interview. A good one.

Thanks for mentioning Emily’s List. And, in that vein, I find it not surprising that a writer here thought you were male, even though one of the best novels of the last century (To Kill a Mockingbird) was written by Harper Lee, a woman. Yep, that is a sad “tell” about our times and why we need Emily’s List, should anyone wonder.

Things never are so obvious or secretive as they seem. Many names and identities are ambiguous, and with reason

One Harper isn't the other. What is a 'male' name in one language is a 'female' name in another. No one is one-dimensional. Don't speculate or assume, just accept.

"Darren White's a poet of our time
    Wrote about injustice and crime
    To great acclaim
    He laid the blame
    What a shame he couldn't think of a word that sounded the same."

- Ned (during NaPoWriMo)

You mention the character David ( from Promethius). He strikes me as always separate ( from human-kind) He has to practice social...demeanor(?). And he is- um- 'David' ( assumed judeo-biblical reference) not Adam, assuming they chose the reference carefully( think they did).
    Anyway, ( other minor/silly thing) it is sort of interesting when a female is sci-fi inclined, I guess because it feels rare ( to us males, generally). Doesn't matter, though ( like whatever gender). It's the work.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by Kevin; April 11th, 2018 at 09:29 PM.

Kev,

We, in America especially, have moved not at all. I knew that when we couldn’t even pass an Equal Rights Amendment for women. Couldn’t do it today, either.

Blog Entries

The gender equality gap is a horrible oxymoronic joke.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Always had appreciation and respect for Harper; I feel like I actually have more respect for him now. Lol.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12