CreateSpace versus Nook Print Services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CreateSpace versus Nook Print Services

If you are considering publishing in print, here is something to consider. I posted this on twitter the other day, so pardon the link, but I didn't feel like downloading the pics all over again.

If you publish on Createspace or Nook Print, you may wanna read the thread anyhow.

https://twitter.com/RalphRotten0/sta...08314578796544

Wowww, yeah, that's ridiculous. I haven't used either for my own use, but have helped a less-than-tech-savvy friend get her book prepared on CreateSpace, and while it was kind of a pain in the rear for a first time user to figure out, it's a fair trade for the price (or lack thereof).

CreateSpace is okay.

I started using Lulu instead, because I prefer print-on-demand to Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    CreateSpace is okay.

I started using Lulu instead, because I prefer print-on-demand to Kindle.

Moderan said he was using Lulu too. I was gonna look at it next round of books.
    What made Lulu better than CP?

Createspace is print on demand. Kindle is eBooks. I'm torn between Createspace, Lulu and Ingram Spark. Guess all have their good and not so good points.

For the moment, I stay with eBooks. I do like that with Kindle, I don't need anyone's ISBN, although I have my own which I bought years ago when the prices were a little better. Almost makes me want to take up residence in Canada . . .
    Writing is 3% talent and 97% not getting distracted by the Internet Anonymous
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

CreateSpace is print on demand indeed.
    It's also a fact that once you start on a project, CS gives you a deadline. You HAVE to have finished all steps in the process, from choosing a cover, to editing and everything in between before that deadline ends or you have to start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    CreateSpace is print on demand indeed.
    It's also a fact that once you start on a project, CS gives you a deadline. You HAVE to have finished all steps in the process, from choosing a cover, to editing and everything in between before that deadline ends or you have to start all over again.
    Surely you'd only start the process when the book is finished and the elements are all designed and ready?

Or am I missing something?

Yes, but you need to use their templates, which means a lot of extra work, especially when it's poetry that requires a certain page setup. Something you may not be prepared for

You can create your own templates and rip the PDFs yourself, them upload them.

I publish on amazon and use to use createspace for the print, and then link on amazon. Now Amazon provide their own print on demand, makes life a lot easier, especially to track sales!

Rgds
    Published Works:
    'The Shadow Grounds' - Hidden Content
    'The Eyes of the Devil' - Hidden Content

Currently working: - 'Anomaly' Sci-Fi - save the world type, 'NeverLeave' - horror, and 'A Meeting of Worlds' fantasy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast