NaPoWriMo - Please register your interest here! - Page 8

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NaPoWriMo - Please register your interest here!

Poets like any other group of people, all work at individual rates. Are those who utilize time early on any different than those who thrive on daily routine or those who find inspiration in procrastination? Do first time marathon runners disparage seasoned runners who know have honed their pace through years of practice? Is a handicap placed on seasoned runners so everybody is exactly even? No, it is about the journey. Not the pace. If a poet wants to sprint or set a higher goal for themselves it should not be discouraged as 30 in 30 is merely the baseline of the challenge. Personal goals establish tenet points and milestones on the individual journey. And sometime there is more to a plan than just 30 poems in 30 days. The most efficient hunters run fast and quiet. There and gone.

I don't know why but it just seems like kid who knows how to read is being told off for knowing how to read because the kid in the desk next to them doesn't. Akin to do less, so everyone feels good about what they've done, not jealous or worse intimidated...

Personally, I didn't finish the first year, but I took what I learned and built on it. I went back and tried again, this time with a plan and a couple of personal goal to meet.

As Spock told Kirk when asked how his trainee crew would respond on real duty in Wrath of Khan: 'Each according to his gifts.' - Spock

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 1st, 2018 at 04:17 PM.

I'm in for April....

“We are afloat/On our dreams, as on a barge made of ice”
    John Ashbery
    "
    Some people like what you do, some people hate what you do, but most people simply don't give a damn." Charles Bukowski
    "Wise men build bridges, fools build barriers " The Black Panther
    "Which story do you prefer? Which is the better story, the story with animals or the story without animals?" Yann Martel, Life of Pi

It is not how things are in the world that is mystical, but that it exists” Ludwig Wittgenstein
    "life is short, art is long", Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Cugoano View Post
    I'm in for April....
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Blog Entries
    First entry posted.

This shit is going to KILL me. Lol.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

30 poems, 30 drafts, always nice to have some in stock for dry periods
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am a clay potato in a strawberry field
    -Darren White, from "Clumsy"

Am I too late? Didn't see this until today. . .I'll write two poems to compensate.
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowInTheBowOfTheLord View Post
    Am I too late? Didn't see this until today. . .I'll write two poems to compensate.
    No, don't worry, you are not too late Join the fun. The aim is 30 poems in 30 days. How you do it is up to you
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Attachment 21118
    Why not join WF's NaPoWriMo challenge? Please register your interest here.

The challenge will be hosted on the NaPoWriMo forum or, if you want to protect your first publishing rights, we also have a NaPo workshop

Looking for prompt ideas? Check out 'Prompt Suggestions'
    Or chat about NaPo with fellow poets around the 'Round Table'

The challenge commences on the 1st April, so please do not post poems beforehand.

New members who are not FoWF (Friends of WF) will need to make 10 posts before they can enter.

Any questions please shout!

Hi there id like to join in Napo are there set poems that your making for members or domwe choose our own

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome to NaPoWriMo 2018. We choose our own they just have to be written and posted during the 1st and 30th oof April. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcheese View Post
    Hi there id like to join in Napo are there set poems that your making for members or domwe choose our own
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.