Mom - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I'm actually a history buff and I've seen all three network broadcasts on YouTube. Mom wasn't exactly what you would call a news junkie. I mean, she was upset on that day, but she couldn't tell you what she was doing. You're right; she probably is the only one who would say that. I was too young for JFK, but I can tell you where I was on 9/11, when the Challenger blew up, when Lennon was shot (my big where were you moment), even when Elvis died. I guess it's the history buff in me.

No, not just history buffs can do that. I'm curious if there is anyone older in WF who can't remember what they were doing when they heard JFK was assassinated? I can't imagine not. Then, on Monday, 25th, Oswald was murdered on live TV. Shocking. Nothing shocks us today.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    No, not just history buffs can do that. I'm curious if there is anyone older in WF who can't remember what they were doing when they heard JFK was assassinated? I can't imagine not. Then, on Monday, 25th, Oswald was murdered on live TV. Shocking. Nothing shocks us today.
    I'm not what I consider old, but I can remember what I was doing when I heard of JFKs assassination. As for today, good god. Only yesterday I learned some schools threatened students with disciplinary action is they participated in the walkout. We've more openly gotten to the point where we use free speech to distract from fact, and try to deny those that would voice awareness of facts.

Few have cut to the essence of gun reform issues like the exceptional poet IN-Q did with:
    https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1773679265996889/

As a naturalist though it's not surprising. We share 99% of our genes with rats, not that we need scientific proof. All one need do is objectively observe behavioral tendencies. Hey, we buy organic foods packaged in plastic bags and call it reasoned thinking. After all profit is more important that health, or the world our children will have to get by in.

“When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you – you know your nation is doomed.” ― Ayn Rand

-------

On a lighter note:
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

-------

My sincere condolences on your loss MM.
    Last edited by LeeC; March 16th, 2018 at 03:03 AM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Thank you for sharing this story with us. it was very moving and familiar. I think all of us who have said our final farewells to a parent know the emotions hidden in your words. There is no event like it, is there? Good job.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12