WF Author Interview - Neetu Malik - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you, Silver, for coming by to read this interview. It is my pleasure to meet you here (and probably in real life at some point soon too) and to read your wonderful poetry. Things we cannot express easily sometimes come through more readily in the poetic form.
    It is so much safer not to feel, not to let the world touch me.
    --Sylvia Plath

Thank you, Carole. In answer to your question about what took me to Austria, without digressing too much into other areas of my life at the time, I will say that back in those days, about 1983 or so, I had very few resources, no money, and opportunities to study abroad were not usually within reach. Especially for a student from India. Some countries, however, like Germany, promoted the learning of their language to students around the world. I took a brief course at the Goethe Institut in India and found I was able to easily pick up the language. One thing led to another and I was able to get a small stipend with an opportunity to learn and study the language in Graz. So I did.
    --Sylvia Plath

Oops, I forgot to answer the other question, Carole. I really don't have a strategy for publishing. I look around, see what journals and magazines accept free submissions and sometimes, I am approached by publishers (very rarely, though) who read my work on LI and are interested in submissions.
    --Sylvia Plath

Just ran across this today--what a great interview--Congrats Neetu!

Thank you, Audrey.
    --Sylvia Plath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12