The Elephant in the Room - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Elephant in the Room

Blog Entries
    hahaha that we are, well I am anyway. But we are glad to have you with us. Sorry for driving nuts it's a character trait unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    What a whacko family!!!! But thank you for hanging around me. I hang around you guys too even when you drive me nuts...
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    Can I make a donation of $5??Or is that amount too small?
    I reckon it's fine. It's all I managed in March. I take the view that if 50 people manage $5 a month, that pays the forum's costs. Hopefully I can manage some more once a few of my customers start paying me.

Reminder: If you choose the Donate option, once you have completed the payment, please send a private message to Gumby or PiP to confirm your payment and the subscribing period (1 mth, 3 mths, 6 mths, 1 yr)as we need to manually change your usergroup to FoWF on the system.

We really appreciate your support, thank you

I would be quite happy to make a small donation by Direct Debits. Please can you tell me how I can do it? Thanks.

hello - there are different options available-

on the home page (forums), there is a side bar to the right.

the topt link is Friends of WF, where you can make a donation for special privileges within WF

the next link down has a donation button, for one-off or monthly contributions - just click the links.

hope this helps...................Ned

I'm terribly sorry that I haven't posted in this thread until now. I've been extremely busy of late getting my new career off the ground and making sure that when I eventually got around to coming back, it wouldn't be to make one post and then disappear again. That wouldn't be fair to anyone, especially to all of the donators who have given whatever they can to keep WF's lights on.

But this thread isn't about me; it's about you, the members, who've been so generous with donations. I can't thank all of you enough, and I can only echo what Gumby has said: all donations will be used for the betterment of WF. You'll be helping us improve WF so that it can continue to be the best writing forum out there. You're all awesome, and any donation, small or large, is greatly appreciated.

Let me also take a moment to thank both PiP and Gumby, who've done an amazing job since first making this announcement. It's not easy to run a forum this large like they've done in these past months. Aside from monetary requirements, it takes leadership, vision, drive, and strong willpower to deal with all of it -- and they've got all of those qualites in abundance. It'll take some time for me to get back into the swing of things, but all three of us have a great working relationship and that will never change.

The road will be long still, and we've got lots to do, but we're no longer one owner down. I'm back, and there's nowhere else I'd rather be.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345