So Uh...Erhm - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So Uh...Erhm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesters Daughter View Post
    The insinuation that threads posted on the regular Poetry board receive lesser critique, such as a mere “good poem” is inaccurate. One need only read the threads to verify my statement. I am loath to even mention the following for fear of opening up the maggot infested can that gets us nowhere, but with the regular board being designated as some kind of joke, I feel I must. I’m sure everyone is familiar with the ongoing and infamous critique dispute that has haunted everything poetic WF has to offer. There has been a mass exodus to the workshop as the more learned of us prefer to offer up their expertise there, but those same advanced folks extend themselves on the regular board also. Where people post is up to them, but I cannot allow the regular board to be dismissed as so much fluff because it is just as valid and valuable as the workshop. If you are willing to accept critique you will receive it on any of the Poetry boards and I would appreciate it if people would refrain from belittling any of them.

Yes, I agree, I often find poems getting their fill of critiques on both boards. Sorry Lisa, the intention of this thread wasn't to dishearten posters, I wanted more so to encourage people to start posting again. I sort of miss some of em

Nothing wrong with exploring, but when newcomers arrive and see the Poetry boards, the only ones they can view are the regular threads, I'd hate to see it become more so inactive as it has this past month, it can discourage a lot of people from joining the forum with intents of posting poetry out of fear that the boards are dormant.
    Last edited by shedpog329; February 21st, 2018 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    From my perspective, this lack of new content en mass only started after a huge jump in posts by people like myself and Neetu posting indiscriminately.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    When I post poetry most of the time I try to use the open boards, as I'm not too bothered about the first rights on my poetry, as I am on my prose. I also try to add some critique when I feel capable to do so.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    From my perspective, this lack of new content en mass only started after a huge jump in posts by people like myself and Neetu posting indiscriminately.
    Guess I don't know what you mean about "people like yourself". You had nothing to do with me becoming more inactive. Just so you know. It wasn't you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Guess I don't know what you mean about "people like yourself". You had nothing to do with me becoming more inactive. Just so you know. It wasn't you.
    ... yar.

Keep trolling me, see how long I hold my shit.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

To whom it may concern: The fabulous poetry thread IS alive and well. And will remain so. If you post a poem in the fabulous poetry thread and receive little or no comments, check yourself.... If you drop poems there, and receive critique and feedback, then respond to said critique in a rude, disrespectful way... maybe THAT is the reason YOU do not receive comments and critique any longer. If YOU drop poems in the fabulous poetry thread, and give NOTHING BACK in the way of comments to others.... maybe THAT is the reason you do not receive comments and critiques.... If you post poem after poem after poem, receive critique and feedback, then don't have the manners to thank the person who took time from their OWN work to offer you support, then maybe THAT is the reason you no longer receive feedback...... But rest assured, IF you are a serious poet, and you post a poem in the fabulous poetry thread, you will receive a detailed critique from me, unless you are one of those I mentioned above..... Yes, there are poems I miss, because I am away, but send me a PM, and I will absolutely offer you any help I can... I am a mentor for a reason... and it is not for the money... I am a mentor because poetry is my passion, and I WANT to help, inspire and support you.
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

What have I missed? I've been focused mostly on prose this year as I need to get a novel finished in time for a submission window, so I haven't even looked at Poetry. Was there some terrible disaster or is still knee-deep in poets arguing about what poetry is and how others should offer cuddly critiques?

On a serious note, after the poetry sections the prose ones are very quiet, so much so that I've kind of given up using them.

No prose, eh, pete? M'afraid the panty-waistes have overrun the site.
    ( hey I sache around all the time- la la-la la-la..)

Pete,

This started with a total misunderstanding about the fact that poems are critiqued in Poetry. Plus, the poster's poem was moved there from another group without their knowledge, or without knowing it would be workshopped. Not sure. It's been removed. But, I still say that posting on Poetry is too damn confusing. No reason for this continued misunderstanding. Stirs up bad shit, so I rarely critique there, as I don't know if welcome. You, I'll critique anywhere. Smiles. Sas

Pete, Kevin...

Yep. If you don't give an ass kiss coming into a critique, or exiting, one is seen as too harsh. Writers are not my type. I'm surprised the two of you write anything.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast