Thoughts on Male Vs. Female Fights - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    Interesting....
    My 2c,
    There is no gender bias to being psychologically screwed up. The root of aggression is fear. If it is a choice between me or her, I'm going down fighting dirty. The best thing about writing fiction is being able to 'play' with the readers mind.
    Good luck
    BC

Fear, rage, anger. So what? If you are facing a trained adversary (like the kind of chick who would fist-fight with your MC) none of your Hulk-rage means anything.
    She would have the skills and you do not. She'd clean your clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Fear, rage, anger. So what? If you are facing a trained adversary (like the kind of chick who would fist-fight with your MC) none of your Hulk-rage means anything.
    She would have the skills and you do not. She'd clean your clock.
    We agree, I will be the cleanest clock for a long while. Be nice to get a few bites back on the way down.

If you want to make the fight between a man and woman tense and interesting, here are a few tips:

1) Make sure that they're equally skilled. It wouldn't be fair if he were a 7th degree black belt and she only saw a few Tae Bo tapes. They did the reverse of that in "Live Free or Die Hard" with Bruce Willis and Maggie Q, but he had a size advantage. And that leads to my next point:
    2) Understand your character's strengths and weaknesses, body types, and limitations. In other words, don't make the female fighter fight like Stone Cold Steve Austin (hard punches, taking lots of hits) if she's built like a cheerleader. And don't make the male fighter as fast as Bruce Lee if he looks like Dave Bautista.
    3) Depending on their skill set, have them fight their way down to bare knuckle brawling. So, for instance, if they're sword fighters, then have the fight start with long swords. Then move to short swords, then to daggers, and finally hand-to-hand combat.

When it comes down to man vs. woman, regard them as fighters. And be ruthless. Keep writing, friend.

A woman can even the playing field by fighting dirty. She can pick up objects and throw them, or use them as surprise weapons (hitting him in the head before he even realizes she is doing it.)

There was a movie a few years ago about a female spy, who was played by an actual fighter/martial arts chick (I think) and she had some serious parkour skills. Movie was called Haywire. It had some really great guy/girl fight scenes (mostly she cleaned clocks like John Wick, but hand to hand.) I mention it because it would be a good movie to study for your writing. The actress was pretty awesome, and she really stomped some wholesale ass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1506999/?ref_=ttls_li_i

Yea just societal gender roles here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567