Share music, unless really bad. Then don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share music, unless really bad. Then don't.

Share music, unless really bad. Then don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrEAWcAvRg

I wasn't born as much as I fell out.

Some love for Joe Strummer.

I listened. Read comments that the deeper message was about consumerism. Hmmmm.

Bob Seger.....almost a neighbor! No shit. Used to pass out cassette tapes of his music to my kids while sitting in his garage on Halloween. Super decent guy. Never hear about him & trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoaA...=RDSoaAb5MnKtY

Hope copied. Hmmm.

Blog Entries
    Currently obsessed with this song, “Home of Fadeless Splendour” by Cardiacs.

https://youtu.be/ey-Tx5qzvLM

its a satirical piece concerning the band’s record company, but I find it incredibly uplifting. The fact that the record company is owned by the band only deepens the message imo

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Cardiac song:
    Religious overtone? Almost like sound track from Ben-Hur movie, or how I remember it from the 60s. My generation judged music based upon whether we could dance to it. We were not very deep.

Sas, turn the page.
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

Can’t hear this song without dancing all the way through....twice. Love it. Thanks. You got me movin’.
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Can’t hear this song without dancing all the way through....twice. Love it. Thanks. You got me movin’.

Robbie, I always suspected you were old. Confirmed. Yep, that song still gets me outta my seat. And, I can understand every word. When did lyrics start to smear in air? I now don't blame my hearing. Must be friggin' singers who don't enunciate anymore. WTF!

Robbie... Re: "turn the page". But, the young do not know how to dance now. Our generation did not need to take dance lessons for our wedding dance. Think about that idiocy. Don't they know that couples together dancing is vertical sex, or the precursor to it? Oh, I forgot...there are no precursors anymore (we called it foreplay) My sister and husband travel country to ballroom dance...the sexy stuff like salsa. They are 78. Still together since age 13. I attribute it to dancing. LOL. No one moves today.

Exactly. Hadn’t even thought of that way, ‘no precursors.’ Spot on. Amazing isn’t it.....and hard for me to fathom. I like a slow hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast