Share music, unless really bad. Then don't. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share music, unless really bad. Then don't.

I just listened to Seger’s “Turn the Page’ and loved it so yes I’m old. ����
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Cardiac song:
    Religious overtone? Almost like sound track from Ben-Hur movie, or how I remember it from the 60s. My generation judged music based upon whether we could dance to it. We were not very deep.
    I think that song is more of a corporate anthem.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    I think that song is more of a corporate anthem.
    I don't even know what corporate anthem would mean. I hope it's not what I think. Soon workers will be standing to pledge alligence to their company on arrival. They'll insert "under money". Heck, I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower had us insert "under God". "Under money" would be more accurate. Come back bd, splain it to my Lucy head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    I don't even know what corporate anthem would mean. I hope it's not what I think. Soon workers will be standing to pledge alligence to their company on arrival. They'll insert "under money". Heck, I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower had us insert "under God". "Under money" would be more accurate. Come back bd, splain it to my Lucy head.
    It's exactly that - a rousing air to stimulate corporate loyalty and commitment to sustained economic growth. In the case of Cardiacs, the "company" is their own record label. I guess it is a bit of a little inside joke with them, but it is, in my view, a pretty good piece of music.

However what's no joke is when I worked at accountancy firm KPMG and they had a particularly catchy one. Wanna hear it? Here it is.

But for the love of God please don't listen to the PriceWaterhouseCoopers one.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

bd,

Thanks, I think, for the enlightenment on the existence of corporate songs. I agree, "they go for the gold".

So indoctrinating. So, so, so......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12