Easier in Love

Thread: Easier in Love

Easier in Love

looking for someone to help me with a song, couldn`t find a place on the main boards..
    Last edited by Tinman; January 31st, 2018 at 07:56 PM.

All the criticisms up front:

This is begging for a counter melody. Having the repeating base line with no variation is an issue, as it doesn't allow the piece to build or fade as fully as it might otherwise. The absence of expected notes can go a long way toward the display of absence. I also think you've over produced the voice. Rather than an obviously artificial echo, a held note that fades, and then again at the end (where it could break) as a means of conveying authentic pain would suit my tastes more. The flow is too steady and comforting for the message expressed. If it's too easy to listen to casually then the emotion expressed doesn't work (unless I'm somehow completely misinterpreting the lyrics). A little bit of diction issues toward the end.

Things I liked:

Good hook. Solid lyrics. Safe (and as a result pleasant) melody.

Disclaimer:

If you are going for something to get put on the radio and be popular, don't listen to a word I say because my taste in music will only lead you astray.
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

I disagree with you on one thing, any feed back helps the writer.

and a very interesting opinion on the music, all the songs are personal
    and go into a folder, its a fools bet wondering what will sell and what won`t.
    I want to thank you for stopping and taking time to comment. Tinman

I`ve looked around and can`t find Lyric or any music you have produced or posted, maybe you can
    direct me.
    Last edited by Tinman; March 29th, 2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: update