A letter from the Last Day

Thread: A letter from the Last Day

A letter from the Last Day

Dear Life,

Your game is over. I have found you. I finally have. You sick demented freak! You are going to pay for all your crimes.

All those years of pretending to be Mr. Pleasure, Mr. Successful, Mr. Accomplished are over. I’m gonna snatch away everything from you. There’s only going to be Mr. Memories now. Your Two-Faced friend, Dr. Fate has already testified against you. Your wife, Mrs. Feelings and your children, Love and Joy shall never see you again. And boy, I’m glad about it!

You never really cared for them, did you? Your affair with Miss Ego, your scandalous practices with your partner Mr. Pride and your mistress Mrs. Greed are a testimony to this colossal disaster, Life! You had it all. Health, Money, Time working for you. You shunned them. You hurt Mrs. Feelings. You ignored Love and Joy. Didn’t your hands tremble when you killed Health and Money with your bare hands, huh Life? And what happened to Mr. Smoke anyways? He’s working with us now to end you.

Remember Life, there’s no Miss Tomorrow waiting for you now. Good riddance, sleazy schmuck! By the way, I’m here on Dr. Time’s orders. Surprised? Never mess with Time, Life. Didn’t they teach you at school? He once worked for you, man! Killing his friends was not a good idea. It doesn't matter anymore. Anyways, enough of my nonsense. Miss Death is waiting for you. I have orders to follow. Off goes your heartbeat now!

Until next Time!

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Last Day
    Last edited by Gaurav; January 14th, 2018 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Next time someone upsets me, I am totally saying, "You hurt Mrs. Feelings!"

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Blog Entries
    This made me laugh throughout my reading. My only critique would be I wish there was more, it is a unique take on writing about feelings by personifying them into beings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    This made me laugh throughout my reading. My only critique would be I wish there was more, it is a unique take on writing about feelings by personifying them into beings.
    I don't know if you have seen that animated Disney movie, Inside Out. It seems to have sailed a bit under the radar but I really like it. There, the protagonist, Riley, is protrayed by 5 emotions, fighting over the controls and driving her much like one would drive the Enterprise if one had never been to spaceship school.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124defac7b7ba0b27b476d0c095c1581--mali-mali-inside-out.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	20626

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    I don't know if you have seen that animated Disney movie, Inside Out. It seems to have sailed a bit under the radar but I really like it. There, the protagonist, Riley, is protrayed by 5 emotions, fighting over the controls and driving her much like one would drive the Enterprise if one had never been to spaceship school.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124defac7b7ba0b27b476d0c095c1581--mali-mali-inside-out.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	20626
    I have seen inside out and found it hilarious and again I liked the premise of personifying emotions as beings. It also captures what is like to be a teenager with all the emotions all over the place and fighting for control.

This is pretty good, very thought provoking. I have only one problem with this, and it is the sentence "I’m gonna snatch away everything from you" It not only seems a bit out of place (Maybe it'd make more sense at the beginning?) as well as the fact that the word order makes this sound pretty weird, "I'm going to take it all from you" or something similar would be just as effective.

Keep writing my friend
    You know, if you think about it, there are 7-8 billion people in the world. Think of the odds. The fact that we're all here with each other kinda makes you believe in that whole destiny thing.

This is a fun read!!

Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Was that a suicide letter?

Not really. But interpretations vary. You can consider this one.