Embedded fonts

Thread: Embedded fonts

Embedded fonts

So I have a question: How do you embed a font in an Epub?

Wow! I didn't realize this was such a difficult question.
    So no one has embedded fonts into an Ebook?
    How about a print book? CreateSpace always griefs me about unsupported fonts (even though the submitted content is a PDF??)

I didn't (and don't) understand the question of embedding a font in an epub.

How to embed a font in PDF I *do* understand--it's an option when you create the .pdf file. Depends on what software you're using. With Scribus, you check the box that says "embed fonts" -- other software does it differently.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

I ask about embedding fonts in an Epub because I hate the way that the kindle/reader overrides your font choices. I want the epub to look like the print version, but every kindle renders it based on whatever settings the user has set up. For one of my series I use a special font and pitch for the scene headers, but ebooks turn it all into the same font.

Here is an example of a page from the print book. In the ebook reader all the fonts will be the same, differing only by size. I want the ebook to look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaazzz.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	20616

I feel like you'd be overriding one of the main advantage of ebooks: the power to adjust the display to suit the needs of different readers. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was no easy way to do it...
    booklives.com (work in progress!)

If you use Calibre to covert to ePub, after you select the book and press convert, under "Look and Feel" (the second topic on the left) you'll find the control to embed it.
    Jay Greenstein
    My articles on writing.
    The goal isn't to tell the reader that the protagonist is terrified, it's to terrorize our reader.