What are your writing goals for 2018? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What are your writing goals for 2018?

Start to write stories in English and be more confident with the language... yeah, my main goal for this year is to become a pro in English
    I'd like to improve my English

I found out last year that non-writers are notoriously slow reviewers, so my hope of submitting to an agent or publisher last year has turned into a hope to do the same this year. I've also started another novel that I wouldn't mind having finished, at least in some form, by the end of the year.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin

"I do not over-intellectualize the production process. I try to keep it simple: Tell the damned story." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by JJBuchholz View Post

2) Resurrect my novel and adapt it into a multi-chapter story. For those of you that don't know, I started a novel almost twenty years ago, only to lose t he idea around 2002. I have fifty pages hand written in a notebook that I haven't really done anything with since. Sure, I take it out every so often and review it, even trying to restart the idea. But....not everything in a writer's world works out, and this is one of those things. I really want to turn it into a long story, and/or break it into a short series. This will be the year I do that.

Well.....I have done just that. The story has been started, and I'm almost finished chapter 2 of 6. It's kind of an odd feeling to be working on something that's lay dormant for almost two decades, but it's time has come. While it never became the novel I wanted it to be, it will be a story that I will finally be proud of once it's finished.

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

I know the timeline of my story and have many bits and pieces of it from various points along that timeline. Now I need to decide exactly how to tell the story and get it organized..... and backup..... backup several times over so I don't lose it all again as happened a few years ago! Hopefully 2018 will see all of that happen!

Adderbury

~a VERY brand new member

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbury View Post
    I know the timeline of my story and have many bits and pieces of it from various points along that timeline. Now I need to decide exactly how to tell the story and get it organized..... and backup..... backup several times over so I don't lose it all again as happened a few years ago! Hopefully 2018 will see all of that happen!

Adderbury

~a VERY brand new member
    You got this! Best of luck to you!

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

My new year goal is get stuck in with my novel, starting with a detailed profiles of characters and locations, plots and subplots.

Make my writing gooder (oops…I mean better) so that my wife has less editing to do. It is taxing on the marriage!

This year I will finish at least three pieces and sent a least one off for publication.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234