How Not To...

Thread: How Not To...

How Not To...

Andrewclunn found the first one on receiving critique...The follow up showed up in my media feed today....

A good anti-lesson Darkkin I benefit most from forthright critique of material offered up, and from exemplifying points to help me understand better. A telling attitude of decreeing by self proclaimed exerts though, brings to mind:

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." -- Albert Einstein

In other words they're diminishing themselves in other's eyes, at least other's eyes that aren't cowed.

I think good critiquing boils down to tolerance, respectfulness, and genuinely trying to help. Not to mention such helps to pave many of life's paths.

Thank you for posting the video.

Site:
    Natural World Reflections

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Just my two cents. I've been on forums that would rip you to pieces, tear you down and make you just want to feel useless as a poet or writer of any form, of course that has been years ago. I feel that you should strive to find the good and offer constructive criticism in an effort to keep the passion within the writer and to help guide their thinking of better concepts, different perspectives as well as respect their work as it is their work (emotion more than likely) driving their works.

Quote Originally Posted by ArianSpirit View Post
    Just my two cents. I've been on forums that would rip you to pieces, tear you down and make you just want to feel useless as a poet or writer of any form, of course that has been years ago. I feel that you should strive to find the good and offer constructive criticism in an effort to keep the passion within the writer and to help guide their thinking of better concepts, different perspectives as well as respect their work as it is their work (emotion more than likely) driving their works.

I hope your experience here is a good one... I had some wonderful mentors when I became a new member.. They were patient, respectful and honest, but above all, they INSPIRED me... that is what I want for you
    Check out the exciting Poetry Hill !!

If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

There are some really great people willing to mentor here. I’ve been very fortunate to have several.
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.