Quirks that work - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quirks that work

When starting a new story I like to get as much information onto the page as possible. Once I've finished I like to wait a few days before going through and editing. Usually, I get my ideas from reading or watching TV, but sometimes I get ideas while I'm in the shower. I always carry a notebook with me in case I get ideas while I am away from my computer.

For me the best thing is to put the story away for a while (at least a couple months) before I read it over. That helps me get a fresh perspective.

When I can't do that, I find changing font helps - often making it quite a bit bigger, but also serif if I wrote in sans serif, or vice versa.

I've never printed anything out to edit on paper - it just seems like an extra step, because when I find an issue I want to fix it right then, not mark it on the paper and then come back to it. I guess I could read on paper while sitting next to my computer and make the changes on the screen, but then that seems like a waste of paper...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12