Thread: Dicktatingtextdrivingacross the Antelope valley

Dicktatingtextdrivingacross the Antelope valley

Warning language!! The following is my talk to text on a recent trip I took L.A. to Kernville/Lake Isabella as I was coming into Rosamond which is about 2/3s across the antelope valley and is famous for its commercial jet graveyard,

I'm coming into the outskirts of Rosa mind rosa mind Rosalind passing at SUV towing a trailer with a Sandra get on it sand dragon. Behind me a half hour ago I cross the San Andreas alongside a McLaren,. Poor guy was stuck driving by himself which I know from current experience could be a boring experience. I noticed that he was Byam self because he was driving in the right two lanes. There are only three the third one being a carpool lane a diamond lane thinking of that I remembered that this was a Saturday and that the rules of the carpet or late carpool lane are clearly posted; space – 3 to 7 PM Monday through Friday – and again this is a Saturday, So you and I, Mr. McLaren can cross those lines and use that lane instead of being stuck behind a pokey's PE. In the far distance to my love I can see what look like white toothpicks poked into the white pins pins poked into a contour map. Windmills At the base and rising up the slopes equally spaced white pants stop vertically stopped stopped at STABPED, ST & stabbed fuck it fuck you – I must be at a new elevation because I see Joshua trees alongside beat me Bobby 6 miles the sign says mow Harvey I offered pronounce it mow JJAVE, because JV is like jog jog OJIVE The freeway is now only two lanes and I'm stuck onto pokies a jeep and a van both of them only driving 77 mph on my luck now as of now that's been carpet hack the way left now strip mine park railroad cars on my right full of coal The windmills are close on the left not turning the airplane cemetery Space is here welcome to mow Jay. What a miserable town unless you like cold-weather dirty wind hot weather dry desiccating wind and the crabbiest fast food restaurants around crabbiest in the McDonald's is packed a couple of greasy spoons go out there dole out there desert botulism and Denny's Marco Americas best value of God public red make and MCCROB fuck you I make the turn breaking off slightly to the east dash this road will put me on the eastern side of the Sierras. And less flat I had a plate of mothball Jets fleet to my right.

This is the bow J5 Valley JAVE. Crossing the 58 the sign says Barstow to the right, Bakersfield to the left. Two more of the worst places in California. If you ever want to do The tour. The road goes up-and-down but the transitions are so slight slight that you just noticed a change in this case Joshua trees appear up here to the left 3/4 of a mile off pills Hills rise suddenly bald bear dirt looking scorch Calais Calais CLAY fuck your – The roadsigns mention bishop and mammoth – hope for the future. Somewhere off to my right and over to valleys to ridges is death valley at 1 o'clock.

Forest of bushes 2 foot tumbleweed shaped but make no mistakes these are not tumbleweeds my permanent fixtures but permanent fixtures I pass a lodge lake of mirrors on my left noting something new. Several acres of photosynthetic panels I pass another truck towing a toy behind it motorcycles of the bad some sort of four wheeled send wagon well the trailer up ahead I can see the red rock have a place curiously enough called red rock more fields of solar collectors on my right these are all new and I wonder what sort of rule or law changed that would allow these, or could it be some new technology the hills on the left that were 3/4 of a mile or now i've gotten closer trailers trailers tree less fuck you – there's a railroad track along side me on the right somewhere is the aqueduct. I'm at the red dirt now I was wrong this is not red rock yet jawbone Canyon store this place is famous about off rotors off rotors OFROADERSthe majority of buildings are ruins and I can see the white pipe that is the aqueductjust for a moment i'm passing a sign that says Gareloch in Johannesburg – never heard of them. Bishop 150. Welcome to Red Rock Canyon park State park but I don't see any red rock yet maybe over this rise. All the erosion is this double visible there it is the start of the red rock exposed formation layers of pink and red clay read and there are actually a couple of trees fuck you – this is the most dangerous piece of Highway to me it's Kirby Kirby CURVYunlike the rest i'm in the flat part in between the exposed Grand Canyon like strata miniature vertical stripe rations stripe rations strike strike STRIRATIONs STRIATIONsrouted and eroded columns some of them look like buildings sculptured Mesopotamia or tattooing tattooing tattooing star wars desert planet It's all a miniature add two minutes later all gone as I assume I'm finally out of the Mojave Valley answered another Valley entered – they look like beach dunes grown over and hardened, leaned landscapes one time – 3000 feet elevation to off road another off-road area dirt road– Western town to town Dusty all white boxes towable wheelers and Arby's Arby's are R.V.The fee fuck you – and I missed the fucking turn on 78 west Isabella – and I have to drive another mile and a half so I don't get rear ended– As I wait to turn left to get out onto the highway to go back the way I just came from I see something wait WHTEa dog a dog filthy dog trying to get into a pick up truck pulled over he must've come from the town about a mile to the east – who knows is our owners probably are saying good riddance dogs are pretty low in Mexican culture lower than tacos, or maybe it's just Stu stupid I close I close ankles guck you ANGLOS with their fantasies about things like that man's best friend etc. – a dog is not a pet a dog is a garden animal Guard Hannibal Hannibal now I'm all Ani mu fuck you – climbing now 178 W. Elevation 4000 bushes on hillside look like a digital screen A tight Sonoran desert type brush next to the road more coverage than bare dirt corrugated tin shack shack on the left house Popeye itself buy itself on the right looks like a little paradise desert paradise. Nice people but will blow your head off Joshua tree forest as I climb wow it looks like a sci-fi flick Day of the trip it or something like that trip it's TR I am FF as in fuck Dash TRIFFIDS The scrub on the tops of the hills is becoming more coniferous upper section on my right arm Bernard section B are you are and TBURMT BURNT section 3 crosses with names on the left they must've been a car crash at the crest I pass a psycho cyclist loaded down like an adventure bike wobbling theater tottering side to side as he pops up the hill pumps up hill they'll over the crest and now everything is coniferous if somewhat saggy going over the crest no more service by by BYE fuck you-flocking trees flocking the king speak to text

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by Kevin; November 27th, 2017 at 04:56 AM.

Hmmm, interesting trip to those not familiar, and the quasi-stream-of-consciousness approach rather innovative. Always knew you were a strange dude

Anyway, it doesn't flow for me, in part because of some of the duplicated words, things like "passing at SUV" (would that be "an"), and unfamiliarity with some of the terms. I gave it a couple read throughs though, and got a pretty good mental image. I think the approach has promise if you get it down to a lower level of comprehension like mine.

-----

I understand this was a talk to text thing, presumedly while you were driving, but might it be edited a smidgen before presenting it? Oh, and the links don't work for me.
    Last edited by LeeC; November 27th, 2017 at 08:06 AM.

Site:
    Natural World Reflections and Book: Calan's Eden

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Lee- I did leave it raw- I hoped that anyone that had experienced the frustration of talk to text would recognize that all the repeats were me trying to enunciate the word so it ( the phone) would get it. It kept coming up with alternate words for the same words like 'Mojave' , anything from Bobby 6 to Harvey. A McDonald's mcRib was mccrob, animal was Hannibal and can you imagine picking Calais over clay? So, fuck you, fuck it was me getting frustrated , all of it hands free. No idea why it high-lighted with color anything, but that's what it does..I left it . Maybe it's too raw and unfamiliar place names are hard to 'sounds-like' decipher all the alternates. "I close I close ankles " are three tries at "Anglos" and all the capital letters are me spelling it out which again was open to audible interpretation by the speak to text app.

Sounds like a frustrating experience to me Kevin, and maybe your piece serves as an example of what to expect in employing speech to text. I came on it expecting one of your insightful stories and was sideswiped

Hey, at least you did it hands free while driving. I was thinking of calling CHIPs Do you still call your state troopers that, or is that only an old TV show?

Site:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Lee- I did leave it raw- I hoped that anyone that had experienced the frustration of talk to text would recognize that all the repeats were me trying to enunciate the word so it ( the phone) would get it. It kept coming up with alternate words for the same words like 'Mojave' , anything from Bobby 6 to Harvey. A McDonald's mcRib was mccrob, animal was Hannibal and can you imagine picking Calais over clay? So, fuck you, fuck it was me getting frustrated , all of it hands free. No idea why it high-lighted with color anything, but that's what it does..I left it . Maybe it's too raw and unfamiliar place names are hard to 'sounds-like' decipher all the alternates. "I close I close ankles " are three tries at "Anglos" and all the capital letters are me spelling it out which again was open to audible interpretation by the speak to text app.
    Makes perfect sense now. I am unfamiliar with the speech to text.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Ken Kesey,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Sounds like a frustrating experience to me Kevin, and maybe your piece serves as an example of what to expect in employing speech to text. I came on it expecting one of your insightful stories and was sideswiped

Hey, at least you did it hands free while driving. I was thinking of calling CHIPs Do you still call your state troopers that, or is that only an old TV show?
    They , the highway patrol, were, for a while, mostly called "La Chota" which has to do with the 'CH' sound in certain prevalent languages. I don't know what they call them now ( in our second biggest or maybe 1st biggest language) but we say C-H-P , each letter. I guess they're like 'smokies' -their job is to write tickets on the highways but they stay off the small streets. Traffic tickets are usually in the hundreds now.

You should try speak to text. It's a blast . Just hit that little microphone thingie on your cell, right next to space. I was in 'notes' on my iPhone, one of the yellow apps that comes with it.

Lee and Plastique...
    This piece, probably... It's way limited, and then if you don't use talk to text, well then you wouldn't get it, and even if you did use talk to text you might not think it's funny. I think I could go through and add a little clarifying . An experiment I guess...

Thanks Kevin, I got the mood, which comes through well. I can see the humor in it now, as long as it's not at my expense Won't be trying it though, as I don't own a cell phone. I use my iPad with Google Voice to piggyback on another's plan. The limitation is being in WIFI range, but it allows me to communicate with my wife when she's out of the house. I think communicating with texts is great, because I can get in a whole sentence

Site: