Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Writing the Awesome Moment

Just a friendly reminder that site rules do not allow for discussing moderation on the open boards. Please keep the discussion to the topic at hand.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

https://www.amazon.com/author/terrydurbin

Jack, that is the way I write too! I try (with no effort) to immerse myself into that character and their surroundings and think, what now? I typically do not orchestrate, which is why timelines are sometimes a challenge for me. Because of this string here, I just re-read a scene in my book where a son is in the attic of his deceased mother's home. It was creepy, and I completely submerged myself in the experience when I wrote it, and I think I pulled it off. Our technique is also the reason why I cry so much when I write, or get the chills. Ha ha. And then it's dinner time and I'm still in my pj's.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    No, I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Jack, that is the way I write too! I try (with no effort) to immerse myself into that character and their surroundings and think, what now? I typically do not orchestrate, which is why timelines are sometimes a challenge for me. Because of this string here, I just re-read a scene in my book where a son is in the attic of his deceased mother's home. It was creepy, and I completely submerged myself in the experience when I wrote it, and I think I pulled it off. Our technique is also the reason why I cry so much when I write, or get the chills. Ha ha. And then it's dinner time and I'm still in my pj's.
    I write mysteries, so having an acurate timeline is important to me. I manage by creating a timeline document while writing the book. At the end of each story day, I add the day's important events to the timeline. That helps me not have characters in places at the wrong time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345