Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First short story self published

Odd, I tried to buy a copy (since it's listed as being free) and got this message:

Ralph Rotten, the Kindle Store on Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only. To shop for titles available for your country, please visit Amazon.com

Dunno why I got this. I sell books in UK, AU...

go into the url and change co.uk to .com and you'll be able to buy. 2.99 US. I have one

Due momentarily! Reserve your copy now by donating: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Oh, look, someone reviewed your book. What a coincidence!

Liked the story, loved the way your narrator spoke with a whole Conan the Barbarian kind of voice. It had an authentic feel to it. But you really need to get it edited to clean up a lot of the simple mistakes. You should read it aloud and you will pick up the grammatical errors.

For formatting, I'd make a new cover. canstockphoto.com is a great place to buy really solid artwork for only about $7 a pic. Change the font too (you can buy custom fonts as well.) Interior formatting: If you are using MSWORD, under paragraph formatting there is a checkbox for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style". You wanna check that box so your text fits together without gaps.

Last critique: dump the epilogue. You don't need it, you told the story just fine without it. I really did like the story and the old-timey way that your narrator talked. I could imagine her running around in deerskins and dirt. It was easy to imagine the world she lived in.

Oh, one more thing: Last page of the story is where you add a link for people to review your book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12