Shoe repair with bobo.

Thread: Shoe repair with bobo.

Blog Entries

Shoe repair with bobo.

Bobo likes doing repair work – in the house, as well as on her personal things, clothes, sacs and shoes.
    She likes to find out how the things were ‘screwed together’, see if she can enter the same system – and ameliorate.
    Very satisfactory

This time it’s the shoes here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7273.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	19979

They’re called Shogun and need some reinforcement on the toe-part of the soles
    because bobo is using her shoes for walking

Name:	DSCN7267.jpg 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	19980

But they also need something on what we call the middle sole, which used to be covered by leather, but now seems to be covered by rather teared leather
    I’m going to put rubber sole on both places – and I think that I can do better than the cobbler/shoe repairman, who nowadays just is somebody (uneducated in the shoe repair business) , who happens to have a boutique where he says he can fix shoes, make key copies, put piles into watches, and whatever.

I can do it better – I’ll have fun while doing it – and I’ll make economy too !!

I bought rubber soles on the amazon

It came from China and is actually a rather big doublesole.

Name:	DSCN7263.jpg 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	19981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7262.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	19982

I already took out for another pair of shoes

Name:	DSCN7265.jpg 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	19983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7264.jpg 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	19984

But there’s still plenty to go around

First I made a pattern of paper, then fixed it to the rubber with scotch
    (may be I should tell about how to make the pattern - even that's just as easy as the rest
    take the paper and lay it over the shoe sole - bend it over the edges - and where you see the bend, draw it up with a pencil - last, clip it out - easy-peasy, right ?? )

Name:	DSCN7274.jpg 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	19985

And cutted it out

Name:	DSCN7275.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	19986

Still I got a good deal resting as you see

Name:	DSCN7276.jpg 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	19987

For another good time

The double sole I bought costed app. 6€/£5.25, and so far I’ve got for 2 pair of shoes.

Let’s make it simple and say that the rubber for 1 pair of shoes costed me £2.63 + a little glue – where an ordinary shoe repairman would have taken 12€/£10.50 – and may be a little extra for covering of the middle sole.
    I made economy on £7-8, which – if I had them – I could use for something else.
    Nice, eh ??

That’s all for today, later we’ll see how to glue ...

Last edited by bobo; November 2nd, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

What a load of cobblers
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    What a load of cobblers
    You be cobblers yourself - lololol
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

I'm the frugal sort, and hate to see anything go to waste.
    I love what you're doing here.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Blog Entries
    bobo,
    I like what you're saying here.
    So often I have thrown work boots away because the soles had gone and yet the upper was, seemingly, in perfect condition. I cannot tell you how this grieves me.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I've milked a few extra months out of biking shoes by adding rubber tire tread to the nose and covering back up my toes. The glue seemed to fail after awhile.

Blog Entries
    So-o-o, you’re in the shoe repair business too, Kevin
    The glue, yes.
    I’ve seen many wonders during life, but the glue I saw on amazon.uk takes a prize, a fairly big tube recommended for shoe repair, but it has no screw thread and no cap – hehehehehehehe !!
    They obviously want you to use the whole tube at once - what a ……….
    I use my normal Loctite super Glue-3 – don’t know if you have such fine things ‘overthere’.

Name:	DSCN7338.jpg 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	20061

Monsieur dither, you obviously like to drive yourself into the ground, eh ??
    Why not see at the positive side ??
    From now on you’ll keep all your good boots and shoes, cause now you know what to do – right ??

Walking is the easiest way to preserve your health, and as it’s out in the nature, you’ll be in good humour, cause that’s what fresh air does to you
    Dreary or depri ?? – go out breathing & walking
    And why walking – and not bicycling ??
    Because when walking you’re massaging all the little points under the foot (reflexology) which are connected to all your other bodily systems – half an hour every day for seniors – may be less for those not quite there yet

Here’s what my shoe looks like when having got a new skin

Name:	DSCN7339.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	20062

Now we're ready to walk

Blog Entries
    Madam BoBo,
    It could just be that I do more walking than is good for me. More than I'd care to for sure but I do it out of necessity.

The work boots that I'm wearing right now, I alternate between two pairs because they're giving me hell. Can't tell you the last time I had a comfortable pair, are well worn and the heels on one pair are totally shot. If I ever get a nice comfortable pair I wouldn't mind sticking new souls on before they start to wear but I don't know how they hold on souls with such a rugged tread.

It's a thought though. I DO love the idea of repairing and re-using.
    Last edited by dither; November 11th, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Oboz is a brand that can handle walking for days. I recommend...https://obozfootwear.com/

Blog Entries
    Oboz looks good - may be something for dither for his walking lifestyle ??
    Just remember they don't look to be some of those you can re-sole - one could call them the snickers type, similar to my randonnée shoes.
    They cannot be re-soled, but they are so strong and robust that it hardly will be necessary, right Kevin ??