Haunted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haunted

Angry Haunted

Note: a minor song, obviously. I imagine it in the style of Sisters of Mercy or Echo and the Bunnymen. I also don't know why that weird face emoji showed up in the title or how to get rid if it.

Verse 1:
    Sickle moon bright in the midnight sky
    Yellow stars blink like a spider's eye
    Bring me that harvest frost, oh, bring me the cold
    Light up an autumn leaf and breathe its bitter smoke, oh
    O-oh
    There's never been a better night to be
    Haunted

Verse 2:
    Saw a ghost drifting down the Northern way
    Drank from a streetlight just the other day
    Sitting in the pumpkin patch, these things don't come by chance
    Hidden in the cornfield, a scarecrow starts to dance, oh
    O-oh
    Haunted

Verse 3:
    Skeleton sitting at the feast of life
    He winks at you as you pass him by
    When God decides to show his face sometimes it hurts our eyes
    These creatures keep on haunting us, some things just never die, oh
    O-oh
    Haunted
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Enjoyed the theme haunted used in a good context. Doesn't seem cliched and enjoyed the images.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Verse 2 is where your skill as a poet shines! The imagery of the Scarecrow dancing is sublime... nice rhythm... I enjoyed this from a poetic POV...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

I really liked reading this. I love a dark/spooky sort of theme and I thought you captured that sort of genre well. Is it sung with a guitar??

Made me think of the old TV series, Dead Like Me. Specifically, the end of the Halloween episode, where George visits her mom and sister, who spent the night sleeping on her grave.
    ( Loved that one, by the way. )

Yeah, I'm weird. lol

G.D.

I really admire your use of words on this song, likening the moon to a sickle for instance. Your use of contrasting imagery was also very delightful. The dancing scarecrow, the skeleton at the feast of life... all marvelous!

@LeTubs I can't play guitar so I do my best to play it with a piano. Ideally someone with more skill than me would be playing it, though!
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

lavishing light.

Does it have a tune and would you be willing to do a quick acapella of it?

Sorry, I don't have any way to record that well. Thanks though

Sophia House

lavishing light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast