Poetry Hill Basecamp chat - Page 3

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Poetry Hill Basecamp chat

Hello poets! Thank you jen for inviting me.... Poetry is my passion, my Grandmam started reading poetry to me before I was 3 years old and that started a life long love affair... Thanks to my wonderful mentors, here at WF, I am finding my voice, they listened, guided, and inspired, and I want that experience for you Poetry is about expressing yourself, in your own unique way, it is fabulous to have that freedom...but it also takes a lot of courage.... because, like it or not, poetry is personal, it comes from a personal place, sometimes we write about private things.... I am most honest with my self, in my poetry. I am thrilled to walk this journey with you, and together we will learn, improve and inspire each other...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Hi, Julia and thanks for everything - especially just being you. Your introduction says it all. You have all the qualities we need to make Poetry Hill an exciting nurturing ground, where we can explore our poetic dreams and ambitions.

How to Bluebox multiple people

For TuesdayEve (and maybe for others)
    A quick manual how to Bluebox (quote) one or multiple people.

When you reply to a post, you have the choice to:

• Reply without quote;
    • Reply to one person;
    • Reply to multiple people in one reply box.

Here are the icons, you can find them at the bottom right of every reply box:

Bluebox with text.jpg

Reply to one person is easy, but how does that bottom far right thing work exactly?

Click that icon for the first person you wish to reply to, then scroll on until you find it for the second person,
    icon-click, the third... rinse and repeat.
    When you have clicked that icon for every person you wish to reply to, you then, finally click on "Reply with Quote", and lo and behold, all the quotes you need in your blue boxes are there for you to use..

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Darren White; November 4th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Oh, I should have come here before replying to TuesdayEve on the Hill main thread. I just said all this over there, but not nearly as well as you've laid it out here, Darren. Great idea to have it here so that everyone will get to see it.

I think and hope I got it. Looked up Darrens link, very helpful but, I think my phone can only do one at a time, grateful for that! Thx again

Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    Oh, I should have come here before replying to TuesdayEve on the Hill main thread. I just said all this over there, but not nearly as well as you've laid it out here, Darren. Great idea to have it here so that everyone will get to see it.

Got it now! Thank you for the pictures, I understand those best. Old dog new tricks, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    For TuesdayEve (and maybe for others)
    A quick manual how to Bluebox (quote) one or multiple people.

When you reply to a post, you have the choice to:

• Reply without quote;
    • Reply to one person;
    • Reply to multiple people in one reply box.

Here are the icons, you can find them at the bottom right of every reply box:

Bluebox with text.jpg

Reply to one person is easy, but how does that bottom far right thing work exactly?

Click that icon for the first person you wish to reply to, then scroll on until you find it for the second person,
    icon-click, the third... rinse and repeat.
    When you have clicked that icon for every person you wish to reply to, you then, finally click on "Reply with Quote", and lo and behold, all the quotes you need in your blue boxes are there for you to use..

Hope this helps

Hi everybody,

I'm Andrea, from Italy, I'm really happy to be here, and I want to thank Darren and Jen for the invitation. I write short stories and poetries and, especially with the last ones, with English not being my native language, I have some difficulties to really understand how a word may really sounds to a native speaker. Now with my job (SEO) I don't have the time I used to have in the past, so currently what I'm trying to do is to translate some poetries of mine in English or, better yet, create a new version, even though very close to the original. Of course being the author, I guess I can be "faithtul" anyway to my original intent but maybe achieve a better result with the language.

See you soon!

Hi Andrea,

Happy to see you here, it doesn't matter if you have time to write a lot, or not at all

I have been reading your poem too, but I will need some time to read it more carefully, and compare it. Tomorrow I will, but after that I will have to go for a while, but I am sure one of the other poets here will critique as well

I'll be back!

Darren.

Hi, Andrea! It's good to see you here and I enjoyed your poem a lot. I agree that you need to keep your work original and our job here will be to make the language and word choices more natural without changing the meaning. It's an exciting challenge and I think we will all learn a lot. Welcome to Poetry Hill.

jen

Hello All,
    Just a little note, I've assigned myself the task of learning iambic pentameter... it's as hard as it is to pronounce. So, I'm trying to get comfortable with pentameter 10 syllables and minimal or no rhyming... Waiting, a new thread is an attempt, looking forward to your comments.