Promotional Tips for Book's 1 Year Anniversary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Promotional Tips for Book's 1 Year Anniversary?

My debut book came out almost a year ago, and I'm thinking about using this occasion as a promotional event... something like advertising a 99 cent sale to mark the occasion. Do you folks have any suggestions for 1 year anniversary promotional ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mikeyboy_esq; October 24th, 2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:
    1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
    2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
    www.engagingcollegestudents.com

I've noticed there hasn't been a response, so guess I'll share my reaction, based on no experience.

If, after a year of being on the market, the author is offering the book for 99 cents, it mustn't be selling well. So, I'd skip that book. Sorry.

Maybe someone else will step into this discussion.

Thanks for your feedback. I can see where someone might possibly see it that way. However, I think it is common for any business to run special prices/discounts on its products from time to time, so I was thinking I could run a special price for 3 days to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the book. People do that frequently for their Kindle eBooks (if they are in KDP Select, which I am not).

Instead of doing a 99c sale, what do you think about a half-price sale (e.g., $2.99 instead of $5.99)?
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:

Yes, for me, 99 cents was a turn off. I know it is stupid, but thought I'd share my first reaction. Do you have a second book to offer free with it? For limited time, of course. Could then promote both. Hmmm.

I know I am a cheapskate, but if I am unfamiliar with the author's work I wait until they have a limited offer of a free promo.
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

John Lydgate

To follow up, I decided to do a 3-day sale of my eBook version for 99 cents. I only sold 6 eBooks at that price, so not a huge success. But it was still fun to try. I also sold a few print books (at regular price) during those 3 days too, so perhaps my little sale wasn't a complete flop. If I decide to try a 99 cent sale again, I need to advertise it better.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    If I decide to try a 99 cent sale again, I need to advertise it better.
    Yes, it is probably lack of awareness. Next time you plan a promo let me know the date in advance and I will include in the WiFs newsletter. We aim to publish this around the around 5/6th of each month, Our latest newsletter can be viewed <HERE>
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

John Lydgate

Thanks, PiP. I wasn't aware of the newsletter. Good to know!
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:

FYI: In case others are looking for ideas, I've decided to celebrate my second book's one year anniversary (tomorrow) by giving away some free audiobooks via my social media (I recently converted both of my books to audiobook). I'll report back with results.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    proud author of:

I'll hop on a .99 sale in a heartbeat!

Have you thought about an Amazon giveaway? Going to try one soon. Wasn't paying attention to the fact my books were eligible for that.
    Now if we could just get the hang of getting the word out . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast